Agnostic.com

4 12

Makes sense to me!

TheoryNumber3 8 Oct 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Except that it is damn difficult to read after smoking, and you can't remember what you read...

I can attest to that 🙂 I have to re-read what I read before so I can read more that I'll forget and have to re-read.

Good example of logic GONE WRONG.

To prove that your father is a dog.

Imagine that you have bought a dog, therefore it is your dog.
Your dog has mated with a bitch and made puppies, therefore it is a father.

Therefore your father is a dog.

Illogical, but amusing 🙂

@TheoryNumber3 It is intended to make the point that, the shambolic series of historical accidents which we call language , is no guide to truth, though many people make that error, because language, like religion, is so deeply tangled at the root of our cultures.

@Fernapple "Shambolic" That's a great word!!!

I really like life made simple. We have made it unnecessarily complicated with rules, borders, permits, taxes, punishments, traditions, customs and all the dos and don'ts.

Each Rule is an attempt to make something better. Maybe for a select group of people. Rules cannot cover everything that can possibly go wrong.

Some regulation is needed. There are too many miscreants out there eager to take advantage of any situation for their own personal gain. Particularly in the workplace. On the other hand, bureaucracy needs to be regulated as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630119
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.