Agnostic.com

3 1

For The Love Of God: The Man Who Thinks He's Jesus (Cult Documentary)

Diaco 7 Oct 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Even Jesus did not think he was Jesus::::: Jesus: a Jewish myth, made "real" by the catholic church in the 3rd century.

This's the continue of @Word first comment/conversation :

interesting!
at first, there isn't any cure for schizophrenia, we can just take a bit of control in most of the cases.

after all, don't forget all the animals somehow have some kind of mental disorder depending on the body; foods, out-sources chemicals, body hormones, even simple wifi signals...etc can have an effect on the brain's functional balance.

my point is, there isn't any point to say all is OK and Normal since Normal is a relative term, not an absolute point.

But about us, Humans, we have something in extra compared to other animals: called " Inner conversation " or " Self-talk ", that most of the time it's a great thing that can give us double-check before our actions, or give us the Conscience, or give us the ability of self-judging.

but sometimes it's going too far, that moment when you can't recognize this's You yourself! you start to talk to another person/persons inside your mind, who isn't you! the Fucking Wonder Human Brain is crazy and creative enough to make a real monster in your head! who has the same power as yours or maybe stronger, since he/she has direct access to your unconscious data!
and yes, there's the Disaster!
you will have a conversation with someone, who can even manipulate your memory! and convince you!
it's not easy to escape from this endless hole, this's why even today sometimes medical suggest electric shock to destroy this kind of disorders, patient need to forget about this person at least to make a new balance and discover itself again.

In the end, if I understand correctly you talk about " Déjà vu ", Science explains this known brain glitch perfectly; when the human brain can't have the correct access to the true memory and make some fake memory to fix that issue with manipulating the past!

Diaco Level 7 Oct 28, 2021

No, everyone assumes deja vu. It wasn't that.

...there isn't any cure for schizophrenia, we can just take a bit of control in most of the cases.

There was nothing I did for any thought of scientific data collection, but had conversations and was friend with a schizophrenic for about 6 months.

At the time, I considered things of just encouraging him and such. There came a point that he come to me and said he thought I had help him and he told me he had quit his meds because he didn't need them any more. It was not my goal or urging to get him to quit h iui s meds. He come to me and just revea6to me he had been off of his meds for over a month without going back to mental hospital. He said anytime before he never went more than 3 days with out his meds in the 20 years since starting them.

I know nothing on my part is scientific and a lot of possibilities for explinations but that's just how I know how that situation was given to me.

What exactly helped him, I don't know.

@Word hmmm, could you pls explain more how is it ?! sounds to be an interesting subject! do you know someone else with the same experience? any article or even Wikipedia link, I mean something more than your personal experiences.

I mean about this part : "No, everyone assumes deja vu. It wasn't that. "

The guy told me his voices went away, hallucinations went away. I know I cannot prove what he told me, but that's just what I know he told me.

@Word " What exactly helped him, I don't know. "

you did perfect right thing! you distract his mind with the conversation and prevent him to pay attention to inner side. but sadly it's just a temporary improvement, perhaps in long term will be more and more effective. but Kudos!

@Diaco I mean about this part : "No, everyone assumes deja vu. It wasn't that. "

You could try searching for verfied prophetic or psychics. I am not specifically into an appoligetics type discussion try to defend others purported claims and supposed verifications. The best I would say, based on my personal experience is that I would have a lack of disbelief, in that I am not going to make any automatic assumption a claim is false. It's not that I am supporting it as true, but I am not saying it is false because of impossibility. I know from my experience such claims could very well be true. I could not specifically explain how they are true other than: since my experiences and leaving christianity I have personally dug, researched and thought of how to make sense of my experiences. I see that observation in view of an organism that is solely a cognition species and it can be parasitic to a person's cognition causing such things called disorders like turrets syndrome, or other disorders are of schizophrenia, bipolar where physiological conditions are not a causation for the disorder.

Research brainless slime mould cognition capability to understand a cognition that operates across and with many single celled organisms. Research zombie ant fungus to understand one single celled fungus capabilities of cognition control of a larger organism, ant.

Then, think of a cognition capability mind organism that grows perhaps symbiotic or as a virus parasite with another species to become a larger cognition organism. Just as a single celled organism evolved into homo sapiens, think of a "meme" organism starting out small and growing, mutating, evolving into a larger or should it be said, greater cognition capability cognition combating higher intellectual capabilities meme organism.

So, think of brainless slime mould cognition on a larger scale with capabilities of interacting with many large homo sapian organisms.

@Word Ok, If have any free time, Please go and Watch this tv show :
House md ( season 1 )
I'm sure it will give you some ideas.

@Diaco I don't watch t.v. much

@Word trust me, it is worth your time 0%, it's an Tv show about medical issues, you can find it online, pls go for it 🙂

@Diaco I am not for sure what sorts of ideas you are suggesting I get and for what purpose.

In my view of our conversation, and understanding what I know, I have discussed observations of things not fully understood by society nor completely put together in a full discovery manner by scientific community.

I can understand I may very well not been able to convey a full understanding to you in our short conversation. Without actually watching this t.v. program, I am not sure of your implications of how a medical t.v. drama would help me bring out such yet to be understood scientific types of understanding.

I understand things of scientific method. I have observed things, not yet full observed by any in modern times. I can understand I have hypothetical observations that I am not exactly in a position to fully test on my own, yet, much of it comes from my experiences in conjunction to historically preserved and and scientific understanding related to the text with a bias against the text.

So it's kinda like a double blind study, at least understanding illogical atheist and biologist Richard Dawkins intent was not to prove biblical text for its theme. A mind virus organism developed, grew, mutated and produced an offspring, Jesus of biblical text, a "son of meme" organism.

We have an understanding now, thanks to Illogical atheist and biologist Richard Dawkins, for giving us a sort of a meme zygote definition so that we can observe the biological nature of Jesus of biblical text and can view it as it has made it's way thru history the last 2000 years as objective observation in historical facts.

I just don't follow you nor fathom an assumption as to how you think a medical drama would help me with getting this observation shown to people so they can understand.

it's all fine my friend 🙂 sadly I'm not a medical expert, even if I was, from this distance my hand was tied. perhaps that was my mistake to feed my curiosity! at first thank you for your time. secondary, just want to you know; all my intention was good, tried to help if I can do any.
about the "House md"; the first episode of the first season is about "Neurocysticercosis", a parasite that can transfer to human via un well cooked pork meat " pork tapeworm ". Epilepsy is the most common presentation of neurocysticercosis; focal signs, headache, involuntary movements, illusions and global mental deterioration are other symptoms. Psychosis is a rare presentation and may be seen in up to 5% of patients.
the other episodes introduced other rare and interesting diseases as well.
I just feel it can help you to make a better understanding about some medical possibilities, that's it.
after all, good Luck my friend, Will see you around for sure, hope I can be helpful in another subjects 🙂

@Diaco do you know or understand anything about evolution theories. and the observation of occurance that supports such evolutionary understanding?

@Word , my Friend I'm 100% Atheist, Evolution is one of the basis! so the Answer is YES! how it's relative to the subject ?!

@Diaco I am by no means claiming to be an evolutionary expert or a know it all. If you don't understand evolution basics, then to discuss the evolution of cognition. specifically; or the evolution of a co-habiting symbiotic or parasitic cognition would not be something we could discuss very well. Nor discussion about a meme cognition organism.

@Word Evolution of cognition! interesting, it's one of my fav. topics, as i recently sent 2 post about it here, one exactly before your reply :
[agnostic.com]
[agnostic.com]

but again I can't understand the relation to our discussion!
if you have anything specific topic, pls make a post and tag me there 🙂

@Diaco my Friend I'm 100% Atheist, Evolution is one of the basis! so the Answer is YES! how it's relative to the subject ?!

Ok, to recap discussion: your original post started with: For The Love Of God: The Man Who Thinks He's Jesus (Cult Documentary).

I then began my discussions based on my experience. understanding and education about this topic of yours and how it correlates with a biblical meme organism mind virus. Do you not understand my discussion of the connection?

@Diaco ...if you have anything specific topic, pls make a post and tag me there 🙂

I can tell you have viewed my profile so I would have to assume you have noticed I have 2 discussion groups. I am open to and welcome comments, questions and/or suggestions aimed at the content of the group. I will post the group link here, please feel free to review and join if you would like.

"Illogical atheists guide for ending Christianity "

@Word hmmm, I've read some of your posts, interesting thoughts! but Sadly we are not on the same page! my issue is apparently you're more a philosopher/thoughter, on the other hand I'm not a philosopher, I just folowwing the pure sience and Philosophy Is Not a Science! so for that reason we have issues and missunderstanding in our conversation!

@Diaco. My information is based on observations. Science is very much what my observations iare about.

Science - the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.

I make observations but not conducting experiments rather have experiences in place of experiments.

I am not sure what exactly you mean in a difference between philosophy and science. Initially, I think you are saying philosophy is about talking about cognition where your idea of science is ability to hold some cognition in your hand and physically look at it.

Philosophical - relating or devoted to the study of the fundamental nature of knowledge, reality, and existence.

Observation is the active acquisition of information from a primary source. ... In science, observation can also involve the perception and recording of data via the use of scientific instruments. The term may also refer to any data collected during the scientific activity.
[en.m.wikipedia.org] › wiki
Observation - Wikipedia

Otherwise. I would say my information can be viewed philosophically and scientifically at the same time.

@Diaco I would think, philosophy can be used philosophically, in the scientific method of formulating a hypothesis. If then you know scientific methods, you test hypnosis to falsify or develop it in a theory. If theory is verfied and proven, it can be viewed as a law or axiom.

The Big bang scientific creation myth has a lot of philosophical content in its theory, it is not fully proven to be a law or axiom.

For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and will deceive many. Matthew 24:5

Humm, looks like evidence of another biblical prophesy fulfilled.

Or, do you think people read the bible prophesy and say,"I need to fulfill this biblical prophesy and deceive many people by making them think I am Jesus".

Do you think people choose to fulfill such biblical prophesy willingly?

Word Level 8 Oct 28, 2021

Well, it's kind of a Win, Win situation for believers; "Bible Prophecy" OR "hope for Messiah's Return". On the other hand, there isn't any boundary for illusion; if you seek and focus on something, your brain is creative enough to eventually make up something as the answer and will turn it solid enough to sell you as the Reality! one day you will find your self far deep down to can't recognize what's the true Reality! This is where the importance of Education/Science evidence came from. oh, don't forget about psycho diseases like Schizophrenia!

@Diaco I have, in things of "Religiousity", gone just a little ways into the rabbit hole. I never thought of myself as Jesus, but, I was involved in helping another person get relief from his schizophrenia.

My expectation were perhaps borderline with schizophrenia as I was believing at the edge of the rabbit hole. I experienced uncommon things like prophetic or what people call psychic. Extrasensory perception, knowing things like a Pool table being in someones house as I drove by. Then later finding out it did in fact have a Pool table in the dining room. I experienced precognative dreams seeing future events that come to furition in an organized or planned manner not under my direct control.

As you see in my profile, I left christianity. After leaving, I have had to do my own digging to understand much of my experiences that modern science has not directly recognized. Mind virus organism with some means of cognition capability unto itself is about one of the best explanation I can come up with. And, schitzoeffective can be, at least in my observations and experience, a byproduct of a cognition mind virus organism in someone's brain.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630672
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.