Agnostic.com

28 6

What do you embrace most about being an Atheist?

I like the fact that I can take responsibility for my own actions, not God or Satan. I also like the fact that I can embrace reality and have a true understanding that when things happen, it's not because the Universe is out to get anybody, but it is just one of those things that happens. Last but not least, I also like the fact I am free from any religious dogma and embracing my sanity. I protect my mind like it is sacred.

EmeraldJewel 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have to figure it out for myself. Not as set of beliefs that you get at the door, and if you buy them, then you are in. One of the UU principles - a free and responsible search for truth and meaning. It is up to me.

Having been raised a Baptist, I look back and see all the insidious dogma that was force fed to me. Got kicked out of choir and youth group because I am a musician (lead guitar) and told I was playing the devil’s music in whiskey taverns. Those people are robots that believe anything they hear from the pulpit. I prefer to think for myself.

I won't say embrace but I enjoy the freedom to disbelief without having to be on queue. The possibility that everything may or may not be. So many cultures... so many religions... so many gods... and then again... nothing may not be what it seems. Welcome to whatever it is when it is if it is and then again may not even be. Oh the Options Created by The Human Psi and the Endless Creativity of Weak Minds in Search of a Master!!!!!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6308
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.