Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Calls Meta 'Cancer to Democracy'

New York Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez voiced her not-so-subtle disapproval of news that Facebook will change its corporate name to Meta in a tweet aimed at the social network.

"Meta as in 'we are a cancer to democracy metastasizing into a global surveillance and propaganda machine for boosting authoritarian regimes and destroying civil society... for profit!'" the Democratic congresswoman tweeted in response to CEO Mark Zuckerberg's Thursday announcement.

snytiger6 9 Oct 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

First time i agree with her. FB is evil. As are google, youtube, twittee, patrion, paypal,....

Meta is, in my view, an attempt to stop Congress from breaking up Facebook because each app (FB, Instag, and whatever else the android holds) will be only an interest, not the company. Hiding under a diff name is not unique and we'll see if Z's Rag is able to pull it off. I bet they will because America is a panzy nation with no ability to hold a rich white dude accountable for shit.

Funny how everyone from AOC to Ted Cruz hates facebook.

BD66 Level 8 Oct 29, 2021

While both using it for fundraising.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:630944
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.