Agnostic.com

59 9

Any booklovers on this group? What authors/genres/topics do you like reading?

Any booklovers on this group? What authors/genres/topics do you like reading? Are you on Goodreads? Do you participate in readathons? (I put this question in Life and Meaning, but I would love a Hobbies category. Just because we are atheists doesn't mean we only talk about atheism.)

JamieB 5 Oct 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

59 comments (51 - 59)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've loved reading almost as long as I can remember. I mostly read urban fantasy, science fiction, thrillers and occasionally horror, poetry, non-fiction, memoirs and biographies. I am indeed on Goodreads.

I don't participate in readathons. I read, on average, about one book per week. I see no purpose in a readathon.

I am happy to discuss books and authors that I enjoy. I frequently give books as gifts to friends and family that read a lot. Personally, I think everyone should read at least a few books every year.

I have always liked reading. I have belonged to several book clubs over the years. Most of them lasted about six months. One lasted for several years. I now belong to a book club at the Unitarian Society I belong to. We read books about various topics pertaining to science. Books that are quite readable for ordinary citizens like me.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 21, 2017

I'm a big fan of Terry Pratchett, Neil Gaiman, John Scalzi, heavy Sci-Fi. Read a lot of other books also.

I am always reading something - usually non-fiction. I like to make deposits into my bank of knowledge, so mostly non-fiction. I like to read about social issues, biographies, human rights issues, that sort of thing.

SKH78 Level 8 Dec 18, 2017

Fantasy is my favorite genre. I love being able to escape into a unique world and immerse myself in an adventure. Dragons. Magic. Elves. A good mystery. A little romance. I've read and enjoy many of the classics (LOVE Shakespeare and Dickens), and I've a special love for a number of young adult novels such as the Warriors series and Animorphs which I collected in grade school. The Hunger Games, Harry Potter, The Firekeeper Saga, Dragonlance, Forgotten Realms... Out of everything, my absolute favorite author is Jim Butcher, but I'm always finding more to love.

Reading is my number one hobby lol. Currently working my way through Terry Goodkind's sword of truth series again getting ready for the newest one. 🙂

I love to read. I love to write but do not share what I write. My oldest son has intellectual disabilities and mild cp, I started reading Harry Potter to him when he 4. He reads more than I do now. So, I read what he reads to keep the tradition of story telling and sharing alive between us.

I love reading. It's my main hobby. I like some fiction, mostly I like non-fiction. A readathon sounds too time consuming. Unless I can count textbooks. 😀

Non-fiction. Science. Classic books and plays.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:632
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.