Agnostic.com

2 7

LINK Trump ally Bannon taken into custody on contempt charges

WASHINGTON ✈ — Steve Bannon, a longtime ally of former President Donald Trump, surrendered to federal authorities on Monday to face contempt charges after defying a subpoena from a House committee investigating January’s insurrection at the U.S. Capitol.

Bannon was taken into custody Monday morning and is expected to appear in court later in the afternoon. The 67-year-old was indicted on Friday on two counts of criminal contempt – one for refusing to appear for a congressional deposition and the other for refusing to provide documents in response to the committee’s subpoena.

snytiger6 9 Nov 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yea! First one in the pokey! Round ‘em up and lock ‘em down.

In the pokey? I wish I thought this was more than advertising for him.
Apparently he's facing two counts at 30 days minimum-1 year maximum for each, if convicted that is.

From the link

Bannon did not enter a plea during the hearing. Magistrate Judge Robin Meriweather released him without bail but required him to check in weekly with court officials and ordered him to surrender his passport. He is due back in court on Thursday.

@RichCC hey man! Baby steps! The fact that he has been charged and seen a judge is way more than any of the other bullies so far. We may get lucky and have it proceed. Trump will be squealing like the pig he is if Brannon actually gets locked up. And of course there is always the Epstein Escape method if it looks like he may spill the beans. Though that would be harder since they don’t have Barr the enforcer in position to deal with it.

@Barnie2years
I hope tRump doesn't pardon him -- oh, wait -- ha, ha.🙂

Sometimes I wish, when people I don't like are out of office, that there was such a thing as a reverse pardon.
(I know how bad an idea that would be. Ha, ha. Again)

@RichCC Brannon used his one get out of jail free card while Trump was in office.

@Barnie2years I hope you're right. I don't like to wish ill on any one but I have to admit, I despise him.

67, eh? Why don't any of these old people just die?

Hey! 🥺 There are a lot of us old people on here!

@Barnie2years Sorry.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634025
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.