Agnostic.com

27 3

If you could change ONE thing about yourself, what would it be?

Imagine it's as easy as flipping a light switch. You can change one thing about you- whether it's a personality trait or a skill gained.

What would you choose?

silvereyes 8 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just one? Ugh! Okay… higher self confidence.

HULK SMASH

green is a great colour

Stop being to honest to family and friends. They hate when I tell them the honest truth. Or they should just not ask me. Hmm!

MoniB Level 6 Dec 3, 2017

I'm a bit lacking in the empathy department at times, so there's your answer. I want to be more empathetic.

WARNING: Flippant response.

I'd change the level of my bank account.

so true

Well, contrary to common belief, money DOES buy happiness up to a point. It gives financial security, along with better health and general comfort. So not so flippant.

@Lauren, you will learn through continued exposure to me that much of what I say is decidedly tongue-in-cheek. And yes, you are oh so correct in that observation.

@Evidentialist, I shall have to endeavor to be more continually exposed to your wit. (^.^)
Thanks for the clarification.

At the risk of sounding forward and opening myself up for a sexual harassment suit, I luvs ya, kiddo.

Fix my metabolism so that I could remain at a healthy weight without so much darned dietary sacrifice, assuming that said new metabolism would naturally reduce my liklihood of diabetes, heart disease, and disc issues. I keep things largely under control now, but it sure is not easy to do.

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

I'd want to know absolutely whether things people tell me are their true feelings or not.

I'd like my bad back gone please. 🙂

@silvereyes 1/2 mil. would be fine. 😉

I'm so sorry brother. Me and my wife have bad backs. Hers is screwed up more

On a real note, something personal. I wish I had the ability to trust people more. With family, I can't trust them. Friends have fucked me over. Iv'e had horrible endings to relationships - although that doesn't really have anything to do with trust issues. But I have serious trust issues in life. I wish trust wasn't such a problem for me.

The problem isn’t your ability to trust. It’s that many people around us are untrustworthy. People look for advantage and, sometimes, that’s not benign.

My upbringing

Greater strength of will.

A good voice and ability to sing nicely. 🙂

An ability to read people

I would not like sugar in any form !

To not procrastinate anymore

I'll admit, I'm pretty lazy. I do want to change that.

I wish I'd acquired confidence at a much younger age. Actually, I wish I was even more confident than I am today and that I'd have that trait at a much younger age. I think it would have diverted some less-than-savory challenges in my life.

I'd have to think long and hard on this. Changing a personality trait over night, I wouldn't have the experience and build the "foundation" that I would by slogging through the muck. By changing slowly, I feel I could gain extra facets, a richness, of the trait that might not be present if the change came without struggle. IF I could change something about it, it would probably leading with my vulnerability rather than my anger. In other words, stopping at the point where I'm hurt and expressing that, instead of allowing myself to move into being angry about it and speaking to others from there. Anger doesn't necessarily get you what you want, whereas vulnerability might get you there more often.

Stayed in the military. My dad showed me his paycheck. His one week was almost my whole months pay. I got greedy.

It may sound weird to most but I would change my Gender. Most all of my life heroes have been female. I am embarrassed a good deal of the time at what the male represents in our cultures, in general. And I've always been fascinated with the female gender and held a reverence for them I'm not easily capable of describing or understanding completely.

I wish I could be a day person.

My age

I'd prolly switch that damn ADD sh*t off!

skado Level 9 Dec 3, 2017

My environment

I have to go with self confidence

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.