Agnostic.com

5 9

LINK JK Rowling Banned From New Harry Potter Project With Original Cast

Since the latter half of 2019, JK Rowling has been attracting the ire of celebrities, activist groups, and ardent fans of her Harry Potter novels because of her controversial opinions on transgender people and what rights they should or should not have. And as she continues to openly air her views and stands by them, WarnerMedia has quietly made the decision to not add the creator of the Wizarding World to Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts, the recently announced 20th-anniversary retrospective that will air on HBO Max.

snytiger6 9 Nov 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Atrocious she developed this

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 17, 2021

I expect it’ll make no difference to the shitload of money she’ll continue to accrue on all the royalties for the franchise so she probably doesn’t give a rat’s arse whether she’s invited to the 20th anniversary party or not!

I suspect she’s probably glad. She’s undoubtedly had many events to attend over the years.

What the Hell is wrong with her? The fact that she considers what others choose to do any of her business appalls me!!!

I'm so glad. She's become an abomination (or was she always?), and I just don't get what the hell she's thinking. I've been impressed that the main cast have all taken public positions of disagreeing with her and supporting the trans community, and perhaps they had something to do with WarnerMedia's decision?

She is his creator and has every right to her opinions. I will not be attending HBO's little retro.

Everyone has a right to their opinions. And the people running the retro have the right not to invite her.

She does have a right to her opinion and when it is discriminatory based on sexual orientation, they have the right to exclude her from their little party. Opinions can have repercussions.

@Druvius That means I also have a right to my opinion and Potter's Creator should abso have the right to appear wherever he does.

@rainmanjr Not in the slightest, no, it doesn't. Words have consequences sometimes, deal with it.

There's actually no rights issues even involved here.

@Druvius Whatever you say, bossman. haha

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634378
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.