Agnostic.com

6 6

My sciatic nerve is playing up again. Hard to get comfortable weather sitting, standing or lying down.

Jolanta 9 Nov 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also forgot to mention that if I do something that makes my back feel tired and achy. I lay on the floor with my buttocks and knees both at right angles. I usually hurts at first but eventually it straightens my spine and quits hurting

Try a mild natural anti-inflammatory in your diet , like turmeric, and avoid inflammatories like chocolate and tomatoes. It may not work, it all depends on what triggered your sciatica and the cause of it, but it helped me.

Cortisone injections help me

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 20, 2021

I used to have it often and would get a steroid shot to control it. Finally I went to a doctor that recommended some lifestyle changes. I always do my best to stand with one foot a little elevated if I'm going to stand a long time and I sleep with pillows under my knees. Those changes made it much less frequent.

Hope it's not one of those "My Pillows."

@ChurchLess I promise it is not on a my pillow, pillow.

I hope it isn't chronic. Unless you have a real deterioration in your spine it will probably go away within three weeks.

. . . but unfortunately it will come back again. Do you know what triggered it? Gardening? Lifting something or just giving it a twist? Just try to avoid these triggers. I've read the two other comments and I am very sympathetic to anyone with a chronic back problem. I think surgery is a last resort and I'm pleased to see it helped wordywait.

I empathize with you. I had back pain for 14 years, creating pain in the sciatic nerve, and often creating muscle spasms in the lower back that were very painful -- leaving me unable to sit, stand, or lay comfortably. I eventually had to have a disc removed. That almost completely resolved the problem.

I have been so thankful that I tracked down the orthopedic surgeon some 35 years later and thanked him.Good luck.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634788
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.