Agnostic.com

9 1

How and where do you make new friends in the area you live in?

I have made new friends through my local magic club I bleong to. They are a good group of people that enjoy magic like me.

ebdb 7 Apr 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't. If someone talks to me , I respond. But I rarely initiate. I'm just not really much of a people person.

Actually, I really haven't. I've tried to reconnect with the friends I had when I lived here before with some limited success but am realizing that we have all moved on.

Just gonna fill my time with other pursuits

That's what I do every time I move.

I just go down to the Freemont Street Experience at least once a week and mingle with the street performers, bartenders, and vendors.

Book club. And Meetup. I think common interests make for good starting grounds for friendships. Also I put myself out there even when it’s scary and make myself assume people want to be friends unless they make it obvious they don’t.

I talk to many people if they talk back I will talk again.

Volunteer for anything at all. Go to karaoke. Look on Meetup. Work for a cause

@Sealybobo not for immediate Human contact, no....you need to be careful meeting random unknown mn or woman. Everything I mentioned is group stuff!

I moved to rural Maine 6 years ago and really hadn't made any friends. I play a guitar and sing some so I started playing at open mics about 6 months ago. I've made some great musician friends and its amazing how many people will talk to you after they see you play a few songs. Music is a great ice breaker.

Thats how you do it, common interests groups, volunteering etc

If it happens, I'll let you know 🙂

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:63490
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.