Agnostic.com

4 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As an agnostic, I both agree and disagree with him on his first point
While I also think pagans and progressive Abrahamists are factually "wrong" based on pure logic alone, I can't categorically say I KNOW that to be the case.
But no matter, many of them DO have excellent moral values, are very tolerant if other points if view, and can be conversed with rationally, so are hardly the "enemy."
And maybe he doesn't understand the TRUE "enemy" IS the enemy because they are NOT at all tolerant, cannot be reasoned with on any level and, perhaps most importantly, consider atheists (and to perhaps a slightly lesser extent, agnostics) are not only the enemy in some intellectual way, but are ALSO evil and satanic.
So without actually hearing these heated exchanges, I can easily understand their occurrence.
AND I just wonder if he lumps agnostics in with others who are not absolutist atheists.
I hope he understands agnostics are a distinct group, separate from theists and non- or anti-theists.
To non-agnostics it's a bit like being bisexual, neither gay nor straight. Because in a similar way, both gays and straights think bisexuals are NOT a distinct group, but bisexuals KNOW they are.

Nice young man and an informed POV. I would advise him to now detach from the comfort of religious examination and move into greater philosophical ruminations. To coin a scene, his house has landed and now he must embrace a yellow brick road. I wish him fun along his new Way.

He’s learning.

skado Level 9 Nov 20, 2021

So true.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:634974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.