Agnostic.com

61 3

Please share one awesome thing about where you live. :)

For those of you from the States, something about the good ol' US of A doesn't cut it! 😛

It's gotta be your State or town.

For everyone else, I probably don't know a whole heck of a lot about your country (except Australia, New Zealand, anywhere in South East Asia), so have at it!

We've all been a bit..... depressed..... and certainly frustrated.... by recent shenanigans.

So let's have some positives!

If you want, think about it this way; of all the places in the world, what would convince me (or any Agnosticators) to come and visit you in your little corner of the planet? 🙂

Kreig 7 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's in the 70s when most of the country has snow. And we have a beach.

How much time do you have? When I first moved to Gainesville, nearly a decade ago,I felt like I died and went to heaven - so I called it 'my afterlife' - still do. Every single day. It's a little big city that has culture and everything a big city has, without duplication. Our locals are the best of Southern Hospitality, unexpected intellect and are super friendly and kind. We have the seasons and no snow. Beaches are on either side of the state, only one hour drive. It takes the same amount of time to reach the mountains as it is to drive to Miami. Plus our truly fabulous UF students make this community even better.

Australia fought and lost 2 wars against emus (a large flightless bird). Dunno if it's positive but it's damn funny.

Out the driveway and I'm in the mountains in five minutes. Living is reasonable. Other than that?

gearl Level 8 Dec 25, 2017

New York is the most oft-destroyed city on earth. In almost every disaster movie, New York is the first to go. I've seen the city razed dozens of times. Whats' fun is that I can see which parts of town get hit first (usually Lower Manhattan) and watch as it comes my way.

Southwest Montana. The scenery here is absofuckinlutely beautiful! And the air is crisp and clean!

Pikes Peak mountain. Going to the top and taking pictures. It's Colorado.

I am only 26 miles from Key Largo

Mardi gras or jazz fest

The Organ Mountains, a spectacular desert mountain range. Here is an article about our new monument (thanks Obama!) with some pictures and descriptions of the range.

[beta.latimes.com]

I live in Utah. We have a lot of powerful scenery all over the state. I live in the south where we have national monuments that are breathtaking. Further north - best skiing in the world.

I lived in SLC for two years - Utah is spectacular!

It doesn’t get below 20 in the winter.

I live in a little blink-and-miss hamlet 45 minutes from Ottawa. I'm a couple minutes from a clean river, and everyone's properties are fairly large, so no one feels cramped. We have to walk to the post office to get our mail, and there's some very interesting characters here who are known internationally for their art. It's funky, quaint, and relaxing. And everyone loves my homebrew. 😉

I live in a western Kansas town, pop. <3K, so some amenities are not locally available but we have all the basics, like groceries, eating places (Sonic, Pizza Hut, DQ, Mexican, Chinese and "home cooking" food) clothes, etc. are here.
What I love the most: I am a night person and I love that I can go outside late at night and it is almost like living in the country. It is often totally silent except for sounds of insects, night birds, frogs. Especially on Sunday nights it is not unusual to not hear/see a car for 20-30 minutes or even longer and I live on the main street through town. Love the peacefulness of it.

Summerfest. ( A large music festival held on the lakefront of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee.)

Actually the town I live in Merrimack, NH and the city next door-Nashua,NH were voted #1 in some national survey of best places to lve in USA, lol. The reasons were:

1. One hour from Boston
  2. One hour to NH and ME beaches
  3. One hour and 15 minutes to White Mountains
  4. No sales tax
  5. Major premium outlet mall

Do I think its the best place to live? I don't know-I like to travel myself lol

That's nuts! It sounds like it's the best place to live because it's easy to get away from!?

My son and his wife live in Nashua - beautiful place, definitely!

The ever changing skies of New Mexico. Here it is December and the sun is still shining. Snow may fall and it might be cold on the thermometer but with the sun out I rarely need a coat.I was outside in a tshirt yesterday. I forgot to mention the hotsprings down the road from me.I meet people from all over the world there. It is at least 110F year round, free and about 30 feet from a quiet road. I go there most days

I've always liked Las Vegas (NM). The landscape reminds me of the front range of Colorado, where I grew up, just without so many people. Years ago, we traveled frequently from Las Cruces to Denver to visit family there and Las Vegas was a good half-way point if we got a late start. Been to the hot springs once, I think, but it was many years ago.

yes it is kind of the most southern tip of where the plains meet the mountains.I like the small town feel, THe hot springs are right below The Castle in Montezuma/Armand Hammer United World COllege

The ancient, at least 23,500yrs, of human history built into the landscape surrounding the forth estuary, Edinburgh and Alloa.

I live in the town where the factory on which the film "Kinky Boots" was based. Sadly has now closed. 😟

My small town is one of the most diverse in the country. At last count there were at least 25 different languages spoken in our grade schools. The population was fewer than 30,000 in the last Census.

And at one time we had the "World's Largest, Free Concrete Municipal Swimming Pool"

We have Blue Horses painted at bus stops. Cause Sports. A most peculiar set of religious observances.

We have a nuclear plant

Washington state !! beautiful cascade range.......AND POT AND DABS ARE LEGAL YYESSSS

San Angelo and the surrounding West Texas is ripe with dessert vistas and stunning sun sets. Just have to ignore the crosses on every other hill.

Here in NW Indiana....decent cost of living, easy to get around and Lake Michigan. i know that's 3......PLUS the town swimming pool across the street 12' deep with 2 diving boards.

twill Level 7 Jan 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6361
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.