Agnostic.com

2 3

[salon.com]
Praying for mental health and the guilt when it doesn't work

Organist1 8 Nov 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This was very interesting and, yes, definitely a problem for some. Although we were raised in a religious family we never had it shoved down our throats. Out of the seven of us all but one is atheist. Of course there are many still dealing with this trauma right now.

Evangelicals could fuck up anything.
In South Central Pennsylvania, one of the best mental health facilities was started and operated by the Mennonites.

Haha...I used to live next door to a Mennonite farmer, being from PA. The idiot nearly accidentally shot my son doing target practice one day. I moved far away and closer to Philly. But seriously, what facility is that? I'm glad they are doing something productive.

@Organist1 Phihaven. And it is so well respected that Wellspan medical has put them in charge of their psychological services.

@Beowulfsfriend That's pretty interesting. One doesn't usually think of Mennonites when considering cutting edge mental health treatment. They probably weren't of the Old Order. One of my Mennonite neighbors, an older woman, couldn't believe I had a baby at the advanced age of 37!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:636368
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.