Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Ex-White House official says Trump showed 'flagrant lack of regard for public health' in keeping positive Covid test secret - CNNPolitics

Washington (CNN)Former President Donald Trump showed "a flagrant lack of regard for public health" and endangered White House staff by not disclosing a positive Covid-19 test he received last year, his former communications director said Wednesday.

"Full stop, this demonstrates a flagrant lack of regard for public health and for the well-being of others," Alyssa Farah Griffin, who served for a time as the director of strategic communications and assistant to the president in the Trump White House, told CNN's Jake Tapper on "The Lead."

She added: "At this time in the White House, I had staffers who were pregnant. I had one who is a multi-time cancer survivor. We had plenty of people in the West Wing who are over 65. We could have killed one of our colleagues and instead they decided to not tell anyone, putting every single one of us at risk."

snytiger6 9 Dec 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Can anyone tell me what Biden did right without mentioning the previous administration???

If you are talking about the pandemic, it is hard not to compare it to the previous administration.

Biden created and implemented a national plan to distribute the vaccines. The one thing Trump got right was to implement "Warp Speed" in vaccine development, but he had no national plan to distribute vaccines. Biden has also taken actions to help open up the supply chain bottle necks caused by the pandemic, however only so much can be done without redesigning the physical port system, which can't be done quickly. It shoudl be noted that pandemic related supply chain issues which is also causing inflation, would be a problem no matter who was president, because these problems were/are caused by the pandemic.

@snytiger6 Biden said he’s have 100,000 vaccines a day; but a trump had that before Biden took office.
And Biden has had more deaths WITH the BS vaccine.

@CourtJester The vaccines did come out under Trump, but he had no plan as to how to distribute them. The earlier versions of Covid under Trump were not as infectious or as deadly as the Delta variant which happened under Biden, and most of the people who died under Biden weren't vaccinated. That is the context under which the recent deaths happened. Now the Omicron variant is 2.4 times more contagious than Delta. Vaccinations will provide some protection from Omicron, meaning vaccinated people who contract Omicron will be the least likely to need hospitalization.

Some things just can't be predicted or controlled. Yes, things are bad, but it would be much worse if Trump were still president, as he denied there was a pandemic for the first few months, then he talked about how it was like the flu (it is much worse), then he said it would "magically go away" (that is an actual quote).

One of the reasons why the pandemic got so bad is back in 2018 Trump fired and disbanded the pandemic response team, and then trashed the pandemic response plans, so when the pandemic hit, there was no plan in place and no ability to respond in any timely manner.

You can say there were more deaths under Biden, but would there be even half as many dead if Trump had kept the pandemic response team in place? Or would there be if the didn't deny the pandemic for several months at the beginning? How about if he didnt' tell people that the pandemic wou.d magically go away?

How about his suggestion that people inject bleach to cure themselves? Or that they take an anti-worm medicine meant for livestock?

As bad as the pandemic is under Biden, as you keep saying (without proper context) there have been more deaths under Biden , things would be much much worse if Trump were still president.

@snytiger6 Biden promised 100k per day. Trump had that before Biden took office.
Biden hasn’t done anything positive. The man can’t even read a teleprompter.
Come on….

@snytiger6

Trumps fault I’m sure

@CourtJester It's mostly related to supply chain issues, caused by the pandemic. We'd have inflation no matter who won in 2020. It is basic supply and demand. When supplies get short but demand remains constant, prices go up. I learned that in high school. Than again when I took economics in college. How can a person not know this?

@snytiger6

Didn’t Biden run on the idea that he had a plan for the Pandemic and fix everything?????

He did “get more votes than any president in American history”.

@CourtJester I think I covered this already. Trump had no plan, Biden did. Right. Then the Delta variant hit and it was much more contagious and deadly than the variants Trump was dealing with.

Also, as vaccines were required, at least for my entire lifetime, in order to attend school or join the military service and the objections to that were almost nonexistent, it was not foreseeable that 20% of the population, pretty much all Trump supporters, would refuse to be vaccinated, which extended the pandemic and allowed for the Omicron variant, which is 2.4 times more contagious than Delta, to emerge.

The death rates in counties that voted for Trump are more than 3 times that of those that voted for Biden. The whole objection to vaccines on faux religious grounds (but actually political grounds) may very well backfire, as most of those who are dying are republican. They are enabling the deaths of their own voters.

@snytiger6 Trump had no plan?
Biden has had more deaths with the vaccine than Trump without the vaccine. Trump allowed the manufacturers to produce it. Jesus man…
Biden promises 100,000 vaccines a day after he took office. He had 100,000 vaccines a day before he took office.
He was handed a playbook and has failed on a retardation level. Few people could aspire to be as stupid as Biden.
How blind are you? Can you drive anywhere???

@CourtJester I think you meant it as an insult, but I actually am legally blind, and no, I gave up driving when I was 29, because I didn't think it was safe to continue driving. It was the responsible thing to do.

As I have stated repeatedly the Covid variants Biden has had top deal with are both more deadly and more contagious than those Trump dealt with. Under Trump the pandemic was just getting started and picking up momentum, and it continued to grow all through Trump's last year, which was when the mess was handed to Biden, who still has had less time dealing with it than Trump did, but he also had had to deal with deadlier and more contagious variants. Putting is all into context, I have to wonder if you are an idiot or just willfully ignorant. Having read many of your posts, I'd say willfully ignorant.

I was once a republican, way back in the early 1980's when I didn't know any better. However I listened to what they said, and realized the party didn't actually represent me, and also didn't represent anyone except (preferably rich) white men. Even though I am a white man (even if I am not rich), I didn't think it was right to consciously exclude so many people from representation.

When it comes to the pandemic, republicans have voiced views such as being against masks and vaccines, which would have saved lives. So much for their beign the "pro-life" party. With Trump, the republican lost any claim they had to "morality" of "family values" as well. The republican party lost me as a member because I can't respect what they stand for, which lately has been mostly hypocrisy.

@snytiger6
Hahahaha.
Good luck with that view. 👍

That’s funny

Who had more deaths????

Biden didn't anticipate vaccines becoming politicized. For all of my life public schools have required vaccinations for students to attend and people were fine with that. Now, all of sudden, about 20% of the population, mostly republicans, have latched onto vaccine conspiracy theories and refuse to get vaccinated, which is only prolonging the pandemic, and allowing new variants to evolve and emerge.

The Delta variant, which is much more contagious and also deadlier evolved and emerged, which have increased death tolls. Trump didn't have to deal with the Delta variant. So, when talked about numbers, you totally left out the context needed to understand those numbers. The Omicron variant is yet even more contagious, but how deadly it is has yet to be fully determined.

It is true Trump had no plan at all, and wasn't even really trying to prevent the spread of Covid. He claimed it would just "magically go away". Even if Biden isn't as sucessful as one would hope, at least he is putting out an effort to slow and try to stop Covid.

Trump's entire non-response to Covid was a fragrant disregard for public health. I still remember him saying "Oh, it will all be gone by Easter! It will be a miracle!" Magical thinking is no substitute for a rational response to a pandemic, but at least he's consistent, it's pretty much his response to everything.

Trump has a flagrant lack of regard for everyone but himself. He should be rotting in a jail cell right now. The fact that he's not, and that he and his henchmen were allowed to waltz right into our government shows exactly what's wrong with this country and nearly half of the citizens in it. The USA as is was many years ago is dead.

That's why this story is funny to me. Everything he did was a "Flagrant lack of regard for public health"

@rainmanjr Funny...in what way?

@Organist1 All of human life is funny in an hysterical way because we, as a species, do not matter a blip to anything. If we self implode nothing cares (though evolution would notice and create something else with the next dominant species).

@rainmanjr True, but it does matter to us and all living things on Earth who have to suffer Trumpian policies.

@Organist1 That’s a personal problem for us. We will suffer something no matter what we do and the tRumpians have just as much right to not suffer Democratic policies. Many are, in the long haul, harmful and will need correction but that’s a problem for those kids. So it goes.

@rainmanjr what exactly was his flagrant lack of regard for public health?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:637009
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.