Agnostic.com

2 2

Focusing on being "a survivor" is not living. To genuinely live one must dream, risk, seek to learn and accomplish, to form lasing relationships by reaching out to and empathizing with others.

wordywalt 9 Dec 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If living means happiness, or something like it, then I would say that there are two categories of things needed for it. One is the prerequisites, such as freedom for need, bordom, illness ( including depression ) and fear etc.. But that only brings comfort, the opposite of discomfort, which simply leads to contentment alone. And the second category is appreciation, which includes appreciation of self, ( attainment ) and appreciation of the world, and its gifts, ( taste ). Surviving is merely to attain the level of comfort, and effort is required to attain happiness.

I agree. After victims of abuse become survivors, they can perhaps heal more and become doers.

I survived Arizona’s Big Ditch politicians and healed enough to take on NASA’s Big Bangers.

Closure can do that. After people resolve ambiguities, they may see paths to various futures.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.