Agnostic.com

2 10

I love new biology breakthroughs this one is better imaging of living cells.

Willow_Wisp 8 Dec 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Fantastic!!

Really wonderful, but sadly it is a little hard to tell in the video, which are their actual images and which are animations, created for the video.

The animations are part of the the imaging process.
The data is recorded in 3D and recreated using computers the way a Pet scan does.
I had a pet scan done while I had a migraine and the image was typical for anyone having a sever migraine. However what we were looking at was brain cell activity not physical structures even though those were also revealed by the activity imaging.
The line between computer graphics and microscopes no longer exist, it's a good day.

@Willow_Wisp No some of the animations are clearly artistic recreations such as the picture of a virus.

@Fernapple I'll watch it again, but honestly I may not know even if I do see it. I've seen some seriously intense imaging of my own brain that looked exactly like animation, but it was verifiably not animation.

@Fernapple I saw the Covid-19 animation that was slipped into the video. It seems to be the only one unless they can get higher magnifications then I thought they could get. I was under the impression viruses could only be imaged by scanning tunneling microscopes or the older electron microscopes but electron microscopes suck in comparison. I haven't kept up with current microscope technology, it's why I posted the video, they've come further than I realized. However I'm pretty sure everything else is from this new imaging technique and possibly the Covid-19 but that would be a tremendous leap ahead.

@Willow_Wisp Yes I have sen the old scanning images too. It sounds like they have not yet attempted viruses, they wouldbe very fast moving relative to their size in the free state.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:640338
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.