Agnostic.com

61 8

What’s the longest you’ll allow dirty dishes to be in the sink?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not that long-dishwashers are a wonderful thing.

Mine don't stay too long at all, thanks to my dishwasher. I actually enjoy doing dishes.

That said, I've had friends and exes who prefer to wash them by hand, but I think they're just crazy.

I just finished running a new drain line. The dirty dishes have been sitting in the sink, for about a week now.

Until I need a clean one 😛

I have 6 kids so sometimes I have no choice...we "run out" of dishes before I even realize it...so then my wife or I have to clean them unless we want to eat off the floor. 😛

@MrLizard 7 total. One with my x and my only daughter.

@MrLizard they are! Lol

Long enough to let my food settle and not much longer unless it is breakfast or lunch in which I wash them immediately after use.

Don't judge me!!??!? 😉

You won’t be judged. Wink.

I actually have a broken dishwasher right now, but I was about to start a kitchen remodel, so it's all hand washing. They might sit for a couple of days.

As it’s only me. I make sure dishes are washed before bed. I love waking up to a clean ordered kitchen.

1 day... i can't stand a dirty kitchen.

It’s an insult to the eyes!

@EmeraldJewel yes it is...

They go in the dishwasher as I use them.

I wash my dishes after I'm done eating.

Until morning

An hour. Tops.
Leaving them any longer makes my OCD hurt.

We put them in the dishwasher as we use them. I like my kitchen to be clean.

Overnight. I'll do them in the morning when I'm in the kitchen having coffee and breakfast. Usually only a couple of plates and cups anyway.

I am living in Thailand and don't have a sink, but if I leave a dirty dish anywhere for over ten minutes, I'm asking for an army of almost invisble ants to emerge from the walls and take over. I've learned to add a dollop of cooking oil to my scrubbing water, which seems to repel them for several days.

Ordinary soap also seems to work, if I leave a soap film.

They also crawl over my clothing, looking for skin flakes and can sting me relentlessly if I don't the right kind of body wash, or add a few drops of cooking oil to the container.

1 day, any longer and I get crabby.

About a week normally..Tis the life of the bacholer

I might be able to last about 17 minutes before I wash them.

Right into the washer with ye!

Overnight if I'm tired or busy.... but I can cheat since I have a dish machine I can throw most my dirty dishes in

Living in Florida, I usually wash them and clean the kitchen when the meal is done. I never leave them overnight - even after hosting a party. Nor do I leave garbage in the house overnight. I don't like roaches and ants or the insecticide required to keep them out of the house because of feeding them. There still is the occasional cockroach that will drive me nuts. Once they get in your house, it's really hard to get rid of them.

just cling film all your plates... never do a dish again!

I find it best to wash them immediately after use unless I’m hosting guests. Doing this keep me not let them pile up and become a thing.

until I need a clean dish. I am busy...dishes are not a priority.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64104
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.