Agnostic.com

5 4

Don't Look Up. Now on Netflix.

A satirical movie written by Adam McKay a former SNL head writer that is a humorous, yet realistic and sad, depiction on America's dismal response to climate change as presented in the country's leadership response to a fictional extinction event. It was written and production started before the pandemic. Which makes it all the more amazing at how shockingly realistic to the Trump White House it is, and how their response led to so many unnecessary deaths from Covid-19. Although intended to be satirical, the exaggerated personalities of the characters are not that far off reality, and I found myself saying with mixed emotion "this is the country I live in."

linxminx 8 Dec 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Oh, you know what they say. Any movie that has Leonardo di Caprio is a great movie if not a fantastic one. I don't own a Netflix account (its subscribtion is too expensive, I'm not ready to pay, lol) so I had to watch on [yeahmovies.tv] . The quality isn't the best but it's entirely ad free. This is for pals out there who don't own a Netflix account like me, lol. Anyways, I gotta say that this is one of di Caprio's best movie so far.

It is frightening, unbelievable and hilarious.

Has anyone watched Belfast yet? I really want to watch it because the trailers are fantastic but I need to find some people to watch it with since it costs 20 to rent.

$20 to rent?! Geez, that should be the cost to own.

Me too!

I am shocked this was not about the pandemic.

On my watch list for sure! Just watched War Dogs last night.

Been watching this, hilarious

bobwjr Level 10 Dec 26, 2021
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641548
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.