Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Humans are made to be touched — so what happens when we aren’t?

I thought it might be helpful to those who are feeling alienated. I lost this feeling a while back.

rainmanjr 8 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Post war research in orphanages in Germany indicates that babies who aren't touched bave an high mortality rate. If lack of touch kills babies one would extrapolate that lack of touch has a profound effect on adults.

This article is more about adults who are isolated or otherwise not generally receiving touches. I fall into this category but am not having trouble from the lack of human touch. I thought it might be helpful to others, though.

I haven’t read the article, but speaking from experience, bad mental health is what happens.

when you get a haircut, get a shampooing too.

Good idea.

Several weeks ago I fell from (not off) a ladder. hit my head and it bled like a ... Quickly drove to our clinic and the Nurse Practitioner fixed me up. Felt so good to finally get a human touch.

Glad you're okay.

@rainmanjr Instead of stitches I had to have my head super glued. Also, hurt my tailbone but all is well. Thanks.

That's so true. We're all missing that gush of oxytocin from a nice hug. I must confess that I did hug three friends this week, against my better judgment, but it felt good, and now I hope I don't get COVID.

I hope not, too, and that you don't get anxious about it. I liked how water can simulate the feel of touch.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641767
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.