Agnostic.com

1 5

LINK Republican legislatures in five states expand unemployment benefits in protest of federal vaccine mandate - The Washington Post

Workers who quit or are fired for cause — including for defying company policy — are generally ineligible for jobless benefits. But Arkansas, Florida, Iowa, Kansas and Tennessee have carved out exceptions for those who won’t submit to the multi-shot coronavirus vaccine regimens that many companies now require. Similar ideas have been floated in Wyoming, Wisconsin and Missouri.

So let me get this straight: Republicans don't want to extend benefits for people who lost their jobs during the pandemic, because "it incentivizes being lazy and not going back to work"; but they do want to extend benefits for people who are doing their damnedest to keep the pandemic going?!?

Paul4747 8 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

“...a battlefront in the longest-running, most massive and vicious war on this planet: that between bacteria and the viruses that attack them.” ...........Walter Isaacson, in his biography of Jennifer Doudna, Code Breakers.

Do Progressives want to eliminate viruses, an impossible goal?

Do Conservatives want to leave viruses free to cull the herd?

I think it's simpler than that. Trumpublicans (a term I just came up with, since they're not really following Republican policies any more, just whatever Trump's latest outbursts are about) treat the pandemic as a political issue, where most others, liberals and progressives included, treat it as a medical issue.

This has a precedent- the way Republicans and the Right viewed HIV/AIDS as a "moral" issue, instead of a challenge for modern medicine to treat. The current furor over COVID-19 is an extension of the decision, back in the '80s and '90s, to see every issue as political fodder and a battlefield in the "culture wars" by which they could mobilize angry followers to go vote.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:641837
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.