Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK DON'T LOOK UP | Leonardo DiCaprio, Jennifer Lawrence | Official Trailer | Netflix - YouTube

Funny and sobering at the same time.

People here surely do not need to be told what the metaphor is.

Watch through the credits to the end.

Leo does not actually have a dad bod now...right?

BufftonBeotch 8 Jan 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting 'non-review'...

What's Everybody's Problem With Don't Look Up?

Great movie, but I agree with @David1955 , the 'prayer' scene at the dinner table was disappointing. Did laugh at the alien planet bit where that bunch of entitled led by the Elon-type was attacked by those creatures, tho they likely ended up poisoning the lot of them.

Tho the comparison to tRump's mishandling of the pandemic does sort of fit, I found it more a comment on the 'head in the sand' ineffectualism of the reaction to Climate Change, which I think is a more existential threat. Maybe more a comment on the anti-science wave that is so prevalent right now...

I also think it was addressing the climate change denial, even as once in a century storms and wildfires are happening on a regular basis in front of our faces.
The President was very much a female version of Trump, though. Complete with a fawning son begging for any scrap of approval.
The multi-billionaire with his own rockets. Classic.

If only they hadn't fallen for that old Hollywood trope at the end of praying to God.

Which God do you pray to? Do you pray to it for sending the comet to commit genocide? Do you pray to it for not sending it but not stopping it? Or do you pray to it for not sending it but not being able to stop it? Malevolent, indifferent or impotent -- take your pick.

It was apparent to me only the young man raised evangelical actually believed. But it was that bone the entertainment industry feels they need to throw to the Gee bus people.

@BufftonBeotch yeah, typical Hollywood. Covering their bases. These movies go through all kinds of script vetting and doubtless someone insisted that they appease the bible belt. I thought the movie was ok-ish but that dinner scene was ruined for me by the religion. Interestingly, the line Dicaprio says during the dinner scene about us really having it all, or whatever he says, was improvised by him, and the director and crew were so moved they put it in.

@David1955 I would have written a bonding and distraction experience for these people, and more fitting with the rest of the film to be singing the old TV themes we all know.
Sitting around the table singing in the end of the world "Just sit right back "Here's a story

It's a great watch.

Just watched it last night. I thought it it was a great parody of Trump and the county’s mishandling of the pandemic.

Wonderful movie.

Saw it, Awesome

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:642664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.