Agnostic.com

26 13

Dentist or scammer?

Today I reported a man on Fitness Singles as a possible scammer. His username gave me pause: blessmeohlord.

His first message:

Hello beautiful, happy new year to you and i hope you're enjoying Washington? I am moving there in few weeks and need a lady locally there to talk to. My name is Mike and a honest man with a fear of God

We messaged back-and-forth a few times. He thinks "atheist" is a religion. I replied that atheists have no religion.

I sent him this message:

You don't look like a dentist.

Weird, scraggly facial hair. Not showing your teeth. Hiding behind sunglasses and a red hat.

Your poor use of the English language gives me the impression that you are a scammer.

Then I reported and blocked him.

Brushes off hands.

LiterateHiker 9 Jan 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There's not much that I can add to the comments below but I can see why he is hiding behind the sunglasses and hat in the first picture. In the second picture he looks like a poster boy for Simoniz GlassCoat. If he was out in the sun the glare would be blinding.

You can't fool me! That's a Romulan in Earth Creature disguise!

Definitely a scammer. Take care.

There is a lizard hiding inside of this guy.

"Lizard" you reckon, more like the creature in " Mimic" Mr. Funny shoes.

Well done, my dear, a total fake. And the shiny image on the right is just computer-generated, even the hand is messed up!

@tinkercreek

Yep, the fingers are too tiny. Reminds me of the Orange Cheeto.

Ewwww, he doesn't look real, and how ignorant can you be, Atheist as a religion. Sounds like a NNES (non native English speaker).

The type of email you describe sounds like a scam to me. Unfortunately, I did a little run on some dating sites and I got scammed a lot. It does not take long before you start to recognize them. For example when they start of with "Hi, beautiful". A lot of those emails are written in broken English and sometimes they screw-up details like gender.

So, you're going out with him, then? 🙂

It’s sad, so many people are lonely and they take advantage of that opportunity to scam them 😔 thanks for reporting!!

Ewwww!!!! Both pictures look creepy! Good for you reporting this person!

That person is wearing a full head mask, glove and the eyes are photoshopped.

@Boricuatea, @Paddypereira, @19dacar52, @Mooolah, @Triphid, @davknight, @DenoPenno, @Mitch07102, @nicestuff, @tinkercreek, @OldMetalHead, @Dhiltong, @Jolanta, @skeptic70, @Julie808, @Stephanie99, @SeaGreeneyez, @@HippieChick58, @MyTVC15, @xenoview, @Grooshstar, @MichelleGar1, @Jewelee65, @anglophone

The day after I reported him, Agnostic sent an email thanking me:

"These are the weirdest photos we have ever seen. He looks like a wax figure. Definitely a scammer. He sent similar emails to women in different cities. We removed his profile. Thank you again. Keep up the good work!"

I vote NO! Keep looking .

This poor fella looks to be up for adoption at the Rescue Center. I hope he finds someone just as plastic as he is and lives happily ever after in a virtual world.

Lions & Tigers & Bears !

twill Level 7 Jan 5, 2022

You could stop at "Hello beautiful...."

Ahh.......NO.........

If it were not for the mendacity, I would find it risible. Obvious scammer.
Atheism is a religion? Hahaha.

I doubt that a dentist would have teeth like that. You did the right thing.

@Stephanie99

Exactly. Dentists have beautiful, white, straight teeth.

This guy looks nasty.

LMAO! He looks like someone to avoid.

Those pics don't look real at all. I think you did the right thing.

If he pretended to be a dentist, you should have asked him multiple questions related to dentistry, especially more complicated ones. For example, you could have asked him about dry socket healing time after packing or what type of water flosser is considered the best in 2022. In these cases, you can observe the way he responds to you. If he gives you vague answers without any medical definition, he is a scammer; if the man responds as a dentist would, he may use too much photoshop for the profile picture.

Well the fake face and hands could be a clue that it isn't a real person but as a general rule when people start out with phrases like "I am honest" and "fear of god" I feel it is time to call them a fucking scammer then do the block and report....

@Lizard_of_Ahaz

The day after I reported him, Agnostic sent an email thanking me:

"These are the weirdest photos we have ever seen. He looks like a wax figure. Definitely a scammer. He sent similar emails to women in different cities. We removed his profile. Thank you again. Keep up the good work!"

@LiterateHiker How come I never get a tank you message from them for reporting all the scammers I run across? Hell for the most part I get them the first few hours after they get the profile up because they are easy to spot...

@Lizard_of_Ahaz

Ask Agnostic.com administration. I don't know.

Agnostic.com never fixes glitches in their website that deletes in posts: numerals, numbers, years and many words. What's wrong with "up" and "daughter"?

For two years, I have been writing to them about it. They don't reply anymore.

For goodness sake! Sites such as this make it incredibly easy to look at what someone says, and so give an impression of the sort of person they are, before you even approach them, and he failed to give you even that simple courtesy.

It definitely seems a scammer. The second photo looks more like something taken out of a computer game.

You did the right thing. Something odd about his looks.

People have weird ideas of what makes others happy. From this very sight a woman thought her texting me repeatedly as I drank and watched my programs would be a good thing. I would call it annoying.

The 2nd photo looks like sophisticated animation. Look at the lack of ordinary wrinkles - and the abnormal fold and coloring - in the palm of the hand.

@nicestuff

Good observation. Thanks.

I'm a bloke, as most members already know, and that second photo gives ME the creepies up and down my spine as well as setting my inner alarm bells gangling like crazy.
Plus, if you take a closer look the pattern and shape made by facial hair in photo one differs quite a bit from photo 2, the skin tone, etc, in photo 2 looks FAKE/unreal even plastic like almost to being a poorly done photo-shop job.
In other words, this Dweeb is a 100% FAKE and stinks of being as fake as a $3.00 Bill.

@Triphid

Well said. Good catch. I never used photoshop.

The 2nd photo looks disturbing. Too shiny, no wrinkles, tiny fingers.

@LiterateHiker Thanks, never used 'photo-shop' myself either but was in recognition of facial features, etc, many, many moons ago when I worked in a certain Government Department.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.