Agnostic.com

4 4

her name is Sandra Garza, and this may be the first time I've heard someone really make clear this sort of basic principle and be quoted fully and clearly by the press. Why has the press, and congress, and radio show hosts not hysterical with pseudo-freedom-loving-nonsense, and other parties, in general not done a better job of finding ways to articulate these basic principles?

[washingtonpost.com]
>National Security

Trump ‘needs to be in prison’ for Jan. 6 riot, says partner of fallen Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick
By Timothy Bella
Yesterday at 9:54 a.m. EST

The partner of U.S. Capitol Police officer Brian D. Sicknick, who died after trying to protect the Capitol building on Jan. 6, said Monday that former president Donald Trump should serve prison time for his role in the insurrection. She said she holds Trump “100 percent responsible” for Sicknick’s death.

Ahead of the first anniversary of a riot that resulted in five deaths and injured 140 law enforcement officers, Sandra Garza told “PBS NewsHour” that she demands justice for Sicknick, who suffered two strokes hours after rioters sprayed him with a chemical substance. Sicknick died the next day, at the age of 42, of what a medical examiner said were natural causes.

“I hold Donald Trump 100 percent responsible for what happened on January 6 and all of the people that have enabled him, enabled him that day, and continue to enable him now,” said Garza, who was Sicknick’s girlfriend for 11 years.
> [....]

kmaz 7 Jan 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the most important things to me here, if not the most important thing, is the articulation of the principle that it is not just Mr. Trump that should be held accountable, but those that have enabled him. I see this not just as the immediate support staff and personnel and legislators who have run interference for him (sometimes I suspect being blackmailed into it), but also as a matter of holding accountable our fellow voters. This includes people on this board, and it includes not only people who voted for another round of Trump, but who have voted for, and clearly supported, those legislators who have been running interference for Trump.

kmaz Level 7 Jan 7, 2022

So the question is why Trump is not in prison after one year and all live evidence or any of his cronies for that matter? Praising a question is not good enough, we need answers. Who dropped the ball? Are Democrats with both houses of Congress under control capable or not? Are they going to hand over control to Republicans in 2022 without getting anything done?

Absolutely yes the

I completely agree! He's never been held accountable for anything in his life. But while I fear he wields enough power and influence to be able to evade any legal culpability, I still hold out hope that this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

I also have to love this:

"....Garza has been vocal in expressing her disappointment at Republicans for being “all talk and no action” after GOP senators blocked legislation to form an independent Jan. 6 commission last year.

“Clearly they’re not backing the blue,” she said in May...."

I'm 56 years old and the failure of the Republicans in Congress to want to be open and clear and strong in helping with the investigation, and the failure of the voters backing those Republicans, is one of the worst most dishonorable things I've ever seen in US politics.

It's inspiring, amidst so many negatives, to see this lady Sandra Garza going after the issue here and not backing down.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643289
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.