Agnostic.com

9 2

Do you think it is possible to make people alive after they die ? Should we do that, if possible ?

During childhood when I lost my father, I told people that I wanna make him alive. They thought I was in shock. Things happened, I couldn't stop that. Now I think even if it was possible it would not be good to do that. Let the dead sleep, it would be too selfish to wake them up.

sourceofdesire 6 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No. I don't think it's possible since the energy that was contained in your body is converted to different forms and vastly dispersed. Also, since one's consciousness dies with you, there is nothing to bring back.

No, it is not possible.

No and no.

let sleeping dogs lye

It depends on what you mean by dead. Remember, the brain dies last (several minutes between failure of the heart and end of brainwave activity). If you mean after brain death, no.

One of the things scientists do so much better than not scientist type people is recognize their limitations. This is not to say that sometime in the far flung future we won't be able do exactly what you said, but I assure you it will happen, if it happens at all, long after any trace and/or memory of you has utterly disappeared. I admire and applaud your confidence in science, but keep in mind that we are not magicians and that the human machine is an exceedingly complex device.

We have learned a great deal and understand much more than we did even 50 years ago, but we are nowhere near being able to do what you would like to see done.

I'm sorry for your lose <3

There is no heaven and there is no hell

hiker Level 1 Dec 6, 2017

Not after they have been dead for a while and the brain has died from lack of oxygen.

However here is a hypothetical. We invent a magic machine that can bring anybody back to life would this be a good thing? I don't think so

I think it is possible. As long as the brain is not damaged, then science can keep it alive along with the original personality. Already, dead tissue can be rejuvenated, so i believe it will only be a matter of time

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6433
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.