Agnostic.com

5 6

The video is a 7 minute discussion on the canonization of the books of the NT. Andrew Mark Henry hosts the Religion for Breakfast Youtube channel and is a religion scholar and researcher. I find Andrew Mark Henry's approach to the subjects on early Christianity go be very informative and thoughtful, and his opinions have tempered some of my more "hostile" views of religion since leaving it behind while still confirming some of my views on religion as an evolving cultural attribute (rather than the unchanging and unquestionable monolithic institution). I started today with his video on the evolution of Satan in early Hebrew culture and into Christianity. That video was about 3 or 4 times longer than this one.

RussRAB 8 Jan 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How did the Old Testament form? Yes, there is an evolution of the bible as we know it today.

That is a good question. I believe most if not all of the OT came from tne Torah. No doubt it has gone through an evolution of its own, but the writing , I believe, was pretty much done during the period the NT was compiled.

Evolution is what keeps religion alive. Kind of an oxymoron, but I'm sure that those in power get it

How Christianity emerged and developed over time is an even more interesting question. For a fresh perspective I highly recommend the podcast “Born in the Second Century”.

Yes, I agree. I think this is a piece of that larger picture.

NostraDumbass.....I like your name

Bishops did not need to control anyone's daily lives. Kind of a foolish statement.
The believers amongst the population take care of that business.

twill Level 7 Jan 6, 2022

I am currently reading a book called "Jesus before the Gospels," by Dr. Bart Erhman, pretty interesting how things evolved from an oral transmission into what we have today.

I read a couple of Ehrman's books and enjoyed them. I respect his work and consider him a good source on the subject of the NT.

Evolution.

skado Level 9 Jan 6, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643516
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.