Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Corporations Donated Millions to Lawmakers Who Voted to Overturn Election Results

(This shows just how far big money will go. They are willing to nullify democracy.)

One year after the Capitol riot, many businesses resumed corporate donations to lawmakers who voted against certifying the 2020 election.

snytiger6 9 Jan 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Wish they would have done it

Seriously? You'd rather live in a country where elections doesn't really matter? It would make the U.S. more like a banana republic. You really want that? If elections are overturned, where the winner doesn't really win, the U.S. would not just be circling down the toilet, as overturning the election would be like a turbo flush that pulls us into the sewers. The U.S., as far as freedoms go, would pretty much be over.

@snytiger6 Do you really believe that Biden got more votes than any president in American history, even Obama, but only after voting stopped in a few selective locations at night for the first time in American history???
Really???

@CourtJester . . . hmmmm -- these bastions of left wing radicals must have got it wrong /s

[forbes.com]

[fortune.com]

@CourtJester I never said that, but I can see how, with an ever increasing population, it is possible. He got more votes in total numbers, but that isn't the same as winning the largest percentage or by the largest percentage. I know you think yourself to be smart and intelligent, but now I am wondering if you don't understand what the more votes claim really means.

#FearlessFly posted (above) two links to articles from Forbes and Fortune, which both have a conservative bent, and the headline for both is that Biden had more votes than any previous president. Until seeing that, I was not aware of the claim. However, the claim doesn't really mean much. It is like record box office claims for movies. Due to inflation new movies will always break box office records. And, with presidential elections due to growing populations, some future president will always get more vates than any previous president. If box office records were measured in just tickets sold, or presidential elections measured in only percentages of wins it would mean more.

A part of my studies included statistics, and I learned there are good and bad ways to measure things, and sometimes the way the numbers are app0lied either don't mean much at all, or are grossly misleading. The claim that Biden got more votes than any previous president may sound impressive, but as i have said, with growing populations, it really doesn't have all the much true meaning and isn't really much of an achievement. It is a poor way to measure popularity in this case.

So don't let yourself get all bent out of shape over that claim.

I hear that Trump won by a landslide but he did not have the electoral votes. Hello!

Trump lost the popular vote in 2016. In 2020, he lost both the electoral and popular vote.

Please list the corporation. The article is paywalled.

[cnbc.com]

I have no trouble with access using Firefox private windows. . . ymmv

Get over it dumb ass' , he lost. I'm sick & tired of this bs

Bloody hypocrites. Any person with a conscience should boycott them unless impossible to do so.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:643742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.