Agnostic.com

8 10

LINK Pope suggests pet owners without children are selfish | TheHill

Soooo, this vastly wealthy elderly male virgin cross dresser says not having children is selfish... Oy.

Pope suggests pet owners without children are selfish
The pontiff encouraged couples to “not be afraid” of parenthood.

Pope Francis suggested that couples who choose to not have children or who instead only own pets show a form of selfishness.

The comment was made during a Wednesday general assembly at the Vatican.
The focus of the general assembly was to reflect on the importance of parenthood in all its forms.

Pope Francis suggested that couples who do not have children or have pets instead of children show a form of selfishness.

The pontiff made the comments while speaking about parenthood and reflecting on the importance of foster and adoptive parenthood during a general audience at the Vatican.

“Today we see a form of selfishness with our orphan [society],” the Pope said according to The Guardian. “Sometimes they have one and that’s it, but they have dogs and cats that take the place of children. This may make people laugh but it is a reality.”

“Giving up on being a mother and father can take some of your humanity away from us…society becomes older and without humanity because we lose the richness of motherhood and fatherhood,” the head of the world’s 1.34 billion Catholics added.

Pope Francis then spoke about how this choice to not have children was resulting in declining birth rates in developed countries noting a “demographic winter” affecting the world. He then encouraged couples who could not have their own biological children to consider adoption.

“Having a child is always a risk whether biologically or through adoption but what’s even more risky is renouncing or not having children,” said the pontiff. “We need to be open to motherhood and fatherhood otherwise we can be lacking, we can be lacking in ourselves and we can be lacking in humanity.”

Pope Francis clarified that it is not enough to just bring a child into the world to be a true parent.

“Fathers are not born but made… a man does not become a father but is just bringing a child into the world by taking up the responsibility to care for that child.”

HippieChick58 9 Jan 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How about priests? They don't have any fucking children but they fuck children.

If you can't get converts, because your ideals are broken and bankrupt, you just have to breed victims.

That’s u . Always w few words only , u nail every subject . I am so happy u are on this site 🙌🦇

@Pralina1 Thank you, I think the same of you, nailling everything beautifully. Let us hope that this site may long continue.

The Church is even so against any type of prophylactic that they discouraged condom usage in Africa during a catastrophic outbreak of AIDS. Irresponsible & morally bankrupt...

Yeah, women are only happy and fulfilled when they are barefoot and pregnant. Spectacularly wrong, but still a linchpin of western patriarchy.

It can be more selfish to have children than to not have them, but that's really immaterial because the Pope is the least qualified person in the world to make that determination. In fact, every single person who works for the Catholic Church should have a restraining order keeping them away from children (although my personal preference is @Pralina1's potassium solution).

After all these years, the Catholics are still using childbirth as the primary method of increasing their membership. Shame on them.

It can be difficult for some to qualify to adopt human children.
Pet's are much easier to adopt.
As a counselor & teacher I took care of children,
and feel that is not a selfish way to live.

And ??? 😂😂😂😂
Yeah . I am selfish . I also knew my limitations .
I chosen to have no kids instead of creating humans that I will had drove to despair w my overprotective patterns and endless fears and paranoia .
I wasn’t wrong . My own dogs are antisocial , only do things w mommy and can’t take a step without them on my ass . I am pretty sure I will had raise that type of humans , someone said a helicopter flying ?
As a life joke , I ended up w thousands of kids in 23 yrs , and few that they send me happy mother cards too every yr . Random kids , other peoples kids , adults indeed , are mine when sick , and I care for them truly . And my working daughters and sons , these fuckers are going to put me on my grave one of these days w their endless problems ( 27 and 30s. Yr olds 🙄), but u know what ? It’s motherhood indeed .
The pope can say whatever he wants . People who allow an army of priests to abuse children , should not have opinion about children . And parents . Actually , shouldn’t have opinions anout life . Even better . They should die . By death penalty . I will give an eye away to be the one to push that potassium ! Just saying . 🙌🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇🦇

I have three daughters, at least they seem like daughters. It's more proof that you don't have to be blood to be family.

Yes, care for that child and induct them into his religion. The RCC knows religions spread with population growth, so the more Catholics the merrier as far as they're concerned, as long as they don't have to raise them and too bad the pressure this causes Catholics. Hence their policies on family planning birth control and people having pets.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644003
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.