Agnostic.com

5 6

LINK State Senator Sorry for Saying Teachers Should Be Neutral on Nazis

A state senator in Indiana apologized Saturday for telling a history teacher during a legislative committee hearing that he shouldn’t condemn Nazism. During a hearing on a bill that would require schools to form committees that include parents to review all curricula, a history teacher, Matt Bockenfield, brought up teaching Nazism, saying, “For example, it’s the second semester of U.S. history, so we’re learning about the rise of fascism and Nazism right now. I’m not neutral on the political ideology of fascism. We condemn it.” Republican Sen. Scott Baldwin responded, “I have no problem with the education system providing instruction on the existence of those ‘isms.’ I believe that we’ve gone too far when we take a position on those ‘isms’… We need to be impartial.” He continued, “I’m not discrediting Nazism, fascism, Marxism, or any of those ‘isms’ out there.” In a comment to the Indy Star, however, Baldwin backtracked: “Nazism, Marxism and fascism are a stain on our world history and should be regarded as such, and I failed to adequately articulate that in my comments during the meeting.”

snytiger6 9 Jan 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess it's now okay that the Nazis declared war on the US. I guess my parents, members of the Greatest Generation and my 2 uncles who died in the war, were the problem. I guess the East Coast should be speaking German & the West Coast Japanese. Frankly, as every day goes by and I read this crap, I'm less proud to be an American.

I hope his tongue continues to be twisted and continues to show what he really believes in. Maybe then enough people will vote him out.

It’s so hard to speak clearly when your head is so far up your own asshole. Ted Cruz seems to have the same problem! 😂

It's such a thin veneer over the fascism.

Except that the GQP has embraced fascism, a fascism that includes most of the Nazi values.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644103
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.