Agnostic.com

7 6

It seems the movie on Netflix "Don't Look Up" is getting a lot of attention. I saw it when it was first posted to the site. I found it to be a movie with a lot more people who I have some knowledge of as I do not keep track. I thought it was about the futile political atmosphere in Washington these days. A Comet will hit Earth destroying it and the president is more worried about pole results. Just though I would mention it so people could respond.

dalefvictor 8 Jan 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Reminiscent of last administration

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 10, 2022

It is pretty on point describing Rethugs and some Dems..

A lot of people have criticised the US centric bias of the movie, but it's America so what's new.

The religious stuff at the end marred what was otherwise a poignant scene. But again it's America and they've always got to throw a bone to the 'faith based community". It was silly nonetheless. The movie has had an impact, so that's something I guess.

It seems like it could be about many things Trumpian, but apparently it was actually about climate change. Either way, I thought it was brilliant. I wonder if people will be watching it as glaciers slide off ice shelves into the ocean and permafrost finishes thawing creating conditions that will kill millions or billions of people and ever make the connection?

Good movie about the human condition, and how self centred psychopathic politicians have trouble seeing more than a few days ahead.

puff Level 8 Jan 10, 2022

I watched it and found it very entertaining. It makes fun of those who refuse to believe in science. Now every time I interact with a Trump supporter I leave them with the greeting...don't look up.

it seems like it was about all the politicians today.

It seems like it has been some time since I last saw one of your responses. How are you? Am I just blind as you have been there I just did not notice, which is a bad thing for me, not you? I have been a little preoccupied lately.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644196
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.