Agnostic.com

1 0

LINK UPDATE: January 6 Insurrection: What's Happened Since? (full documentary) | FRONTLINE - YouTube

On Jan. 6, 2021, rioters breached the U.S. Capitol in an attempt to prevent Congress from certifying Joe Biden’s presidential victory, encouraged by President Donald Trump's false claims of a stolen election.
Where does the threat of far-right violence in America stand a year later?
This updated version of the April 2021 documentary “American Insurrection” examines the latest developments and where the movement may be headed, building on four years of reporting by FRONTLINE and ProPublica on far-right extremism in America.
Drawing on timely new interviews with law enforcement and members of Congress, as well as on-the-ground reporting, the documentary finds that while arrests of those involved in the Jan. 6, 2021 insurrection temporarily quieted protests and splintered some organized far-right groups, that trend was short-lived.
One year later, correspondent A.C. Thompson reports, the false idea that the election was stolen remains a powerful motivator for crowds that include some of the same extremist characters and groups FRONTLINE and ProPublica have been tracking for years — and Thompson says their ideas appear to be moving into the mainstream as the 2022 midterms approach.

I suggest everyone invest the time and think hard about what's going on. Your vote, for Democrats, will stop this from happening in every city, on every block, and in every store. It will be no fun, that I can say authoritatively. I have trained in infantry and am floored that it may come in handy in NV.

rainmanjr 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I try not to miss any episode of FRONTLINE.

I concede that all media have bias, but is there any that are consistently more reliable/credible/less-biased than PBS ?

I often don't watch it because I lived through the thing they're exploring and I'm sort-of tired of it by the time they cover it. The footage in this is incredible, however, and the reporter is a very brave man.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:644838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.