Agnostic.com

7 21

LINK 'The death is just never-ending': Nebraska Medicine ICU nurses give an inside look at the hospital right now

They have both been nurses for more than a decade, but they said the stress and uncertainty of the pandemic made them think about quitting

OMAHA, Neb. —
Amy Carlin and Ashley Carne work in general intensive care at Nebraska Medicine. They said their unit is packed with COVID-19 patients right now.

"Our unit fills in when numbers get too bad," Carne said. "So when you hear our unit is full of COVID-19 and we have however many med-surgical units taking COVID-19 that tells you how bad it is."

They said their care system is extremely efficient, but the number of patients so high has time to stop working.

"There's only so many hands available to help," Carlin said. "The nurses haven't eaten and it's 3 p.m. So it's like there's too many things going on. These patients are too sick."

They have both been nurses for more than a decade, but they said the stress and uncertainty of the pandemic made them think about quitting.

The death is just, it's never-ending," Carne said

"This is not normal nursing," Carlin said. "This is not normal."

But, they ask themselves, if they don't care for patients, who will?

"I can't leave them," Carlin said. "I can't let them be short-staffed and that type of thing so it's difficult for all of us."

Now, they're calling on Nebraskans to step up and help them.

"We know not everyone is in favor of vaccines, or mask mandates or things like that, but we have to do something different," Carlin said. "It's unnecessary the amount of suffering we're seeing."

HippieChick58 9 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"Inside look at the hospital right now....." IF the brainless, stupid, worthless, pointless dumb as fuck/ rich as fuck "Mass Media" had been doing ANY kind of reporting from the " Covid War Rooms", instead of pointing a camera at somebody with a microphone and a chart, ((1,000's of wasted hours) the vax rate would be much higher and this pandemic would prolly be in the rear view mirror.

(I'm sorry I called the MSM all of those names. Because, How I TRULY FEEL is much worse than that. I just can't think of nastier words to call them right now )

twill Level 7 Feb 8, 2022

There are HIPPA privacy laws. I don't know how many people would volunteer to be filmed dying. We would have to set up a video camera or drone or something. Probably can't have media in the room getting in the way while someone codes.

@UrsiMajor Good points. I would hope they could work together and would know that they are on the same side

Makes me glad I'm retired

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 15, 2022

Nightmare what the Antivaxxers are doing

bobwjr Level 10 Jan 15, 2022

When the anti-vaccers make the "wanna-die" selection, they should be helped, by not being allowed into a hospital--- where the staff have made a choice of 'not wanting to die'.

It is heartbreaking. The families suffer, and the workers suffer. And yet, just 18 months ago, the MAGAs were secretly cheering to hear how Covid was decimated communities of color and the coastal blue states. They were all in favor of Trump continuing to sit on his hands, and to withhold resources...

Stop it; be nice to Dump. He 'only' murdered 200,000 to 300,000 people. A good portion of them Dumpsters- if they can be considered to be "people"!

These people have been living in a kind of hell for 2 years now. ☹️ Yes, something needs to Change in these red states full of morons!!

Sadly the morons will die. On the bright side that's means less voters for the republicians.

@xenoview Yes, that is true! They are helping kill their own voters! Wonder if they have figured that out yet????

I wish the media would use more shock jock methods of information reporting. Why can't we have video of people dying from COVID, on the machines 24/7? It seems not many people are taking it seriously and most of my friends/co-workers have had it.

What? Dr. Fauci and the head of the CDC babbling mindlessly, incoherently and endlessly, aren't enough to "scare" you?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645236
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.