Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK Proposed Iowa Law Would Make Teachers Stand and Say the Pledge of Allegiance... or Be Fired

An Iowa Republican wants to force public school teachers to stand up and recite the Pledge of Allegiance while also preventing them from saying anything “unpatriotic” about the Pledge. Because nothing screams “small government” like forcing state workers to repeat a mindless ritual in front of an audience.

It was only this school year that Iowa first began requiring the recitation of the Pledge in public schools. Students who don’t want to say it don’t have to; the law gives them that right.

(I think I'd leave out the words "under god". It would be hard to make the claim that putting the nation above god isn't patriotic. That is if I were to even comply to such an unconstitutional law.)

snytiger6 9 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You mean just like every day in my grammar school years?
Which is why I clearly remember when they added the words "under God", because it changed the cadence.

These Republicans everywhere are just trying to divert attention away from the fact that they are doing absolutely nothing that in anyway benefits the majority of their constituents. It’s a big, fear mongering smoke screen to hide their corporate give aways.

Everyone's sending their kids to Charter schools where I'll bet they already have to do that.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.