Agnostic.com

2 6

"I rang up the county council and I said I think I've found a dinosaur."
When English landscaper Joe Davis was doing routine maintenance work at a Rutland nature preserve in early 2021, he saw something unusual that looked like little clay pipes sticking out of the ground. But when he went in for a closer look, he realized he'd just stumbled upon the last thing he'd ever expect to find: the complete remains of a prehistoric sea dragon.
When he called the city council and said he'd found a dinosaur, they replied, "We don't have a dinosaur department... so we're going to have to get someone to call you back." Soon enough, paleontologists flocked to the scene and unearthed the skeleton of a 32-foot ichthyosaur the likes of which had never been found in England before.
See more of what experts are calling "one of the greatest finds in British palaeontological history" here: [bit.ly]

Ryo1 8 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Homo and ichthyosaurs co-existed? Why didn’t Homo and his clothes decay? (grin)

That is the best photo of it yet

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645608
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.