Agnostic.com

2 3

LINK Have some Fresh Air for this MLK Jr Day. Also, enjoy the Day.

I remember when Dr King was assassinated. My first thought, as I recall, was certainty he was murdered by govt. My dad (who was a Chicago Democrat) said, "Good. The n's dead" and I thought (probably for the first time) that dad was wrong. It felt like a sad day.
I remember when AZ proved their racist views by refusing to honor MLK's Birthday (they did only in 2000 and now want to do away with the black vote in AZ). Those like the racists of AZ and W.VA will ultimately lose but I'd like to see it happen this year. If we fail to defeat them it will be another sad day.
I'd like to see our sad days come to an end but they are of human cause: Fear. It is not hatred, which is a product of fear. The one thing my father taught me, which I think was right, is to not be afraid. Act.

rainmanjr 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Possibly fear and hatred. Remembering the same things when MLK was assassinated including the racist remarks. I heard them just like you did in mid Missouri. Many people here thought that King put his nose where it did not belong and this was why he was killed. OK , it means that whites were happy with things just like they were. Keep in mind that Hoover had a big control of things then too. Tragic.

I enjoyed this one this morning also. I like when I can get succinct factual talking points from the internet. I use them when I talk with the people who only watch fox, oann or newsmax.

Thank you. I welcome all such responses.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645746
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.