Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Senate resumes debate on voting rights bills

I think this is a working recording.

rainmanjr 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'll ignore the Sen from AK, who seems to feel that Biden's speech was offensive, and go right to Sen Durbin's speech (such as it was). The speech would have been fine if delivered by almost anyone else. I give him a B+.

The Sen from WA reminded us that, in 2000, Al Gore conceded his election. Bless her. She did this while defending vote by mail, which is what the Q-P claims is Federalizing it, and did a fine job of it. Pointing out that it is the antidote to every voter problem. A- for oratory skills.

And it went on from there. Rob Portman and Mitt Romney were miffed about POTUS Joe's speech and Merkley returned to tell us about the joy of mail-in voting and why we call it a filibuster. Then Sen Warren finished off this broadcast. We'll see how it goes.

What's the saying, Two things you don't want to see being made - sausages and politics. No thanks.

Now we see how the media covers it. How many republicans actually debated? As to either side bringing the bill to close the loophole pense refused to walk through, the republicans will go for it, claim how bipartisan they are ONLY because of who the current VP is 🤬.

That's also what I'm thinking but still hope for that miraculous unity thng. Actually, I'm thinking this is all about ambitions. Both parties are planning on Primary positioning. They think Biden can't win another.

Next up was Sen from Maryland and he hit the ball even further than Mercley (I don't care about sp for names so forgive my not looking it up) did. He said out loud that our constitution allows Congress to make such rules over elections. He got into how Sen's don't have to show up to debate, anymore, so nothing ever gets debated on The Senate Floor. In so doing he brought the American People into this debate and made our majority voice heard. Another A+.

The upside of arguing Civil Rights, the day after MLK Jr Day, for the first time since 1891. I find it interesting that Democrats charge Con's with trying to return us to 1920 but also want to take us back in time. They just settled on 1965.

Sen Mercley, from Oregon, hit a home run. He directly challenged Grass-ley, who made a few interesting assertions, and knocked down his points. I give him an A+.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:645898
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.