Agnostic.com

8 4

Pains from doing normal stuff around the house?

Im trying to get the courage to work in the yard. My shoulder and arm kills me after weedeating. Hmmm... I was hoping that I would have a few years to enjoy retirement without getting an operation. I guess ill be grateful that I can do what I can instead of dwelling on the pain im going to have. It reminds me of the time I was in Vietnam. The wind caught a rain shelter and it rolled over my foot and tore a tendon in the top of my foot... you could see it knotted up. The hospital scolded me for coming in and told me me people are dying out in the field and you come in with this! Geeze... I limped back to my job. It took a week to walk right. So I guess I better toughen and go get it.

BucketlistBob 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WEED!

I need two operations but they will not do them because of kidney problems. You should try weeding from a chair it greatly improves the severity of the aches to the point of torture.

Damn ... thats tough... sorry your in pain.

@BucketlistBob Thanks. I enjoy your posts keep them coming. I also follow you.

@Marine. Whoa! Thank you.

Such is life I suppose.

Chronic pain is a bitch.
Maybe try working your way into it slowly Bob.
As soon as you feel like you're running out of gas, stop so you won't be sore as hell the next morning.
👍

Thanks Paul... i spent an hour trimming branches on a saga palm. It feels ok..

@BucketlistBob I spent about an hour or so today walking around Walmart.
I use the cart as a walker, but after that, I'm done for the day.

@Paul628 i use the cart as a walker too...lol. were not alone...

@BucketlistBob The struggle is real. 😉

Reminds me of a time in Berlin in the Army. Was stationed at the US Army Hospital Berlin. Started having fever and chills one night, and wnt to the doctor on duty in the Outpatient department. He really didn't check anything, gave me an aspirin, and told me to go back to bed. The next morningI went back to OPD and a different doctor lput a stethescope to my chest and immediately put me in a hosptial bed with pneumonia.

Damn... im glad they caught it.

I'm a 63 year old guy and I have had various types of joint pain - bursitis in my shoulders, tendons in my knees, and sore feet.

I take a Glucosamine + Chondroitin nutrition supplement pill every day. It's just the generic like you buy in any drug store without prescription. Health food stores sell stuff that they claim is a lot better, and much more expensive, but I've never tried it.

The results have been dramatically positive - much better range of motion, and much less pain, in just a couple of weeks.

The scientific evidence for this is not definitive. Some doctors say that it might help, others will tell you not to waste your money.

But it will cost you $20-30 to buy a bottle and try it to see if it helps.

Hey there brother... i need to double the dose... i take them. Thanks.

@BucketlistBob Increasing the dose is certainly worth a try.

One other thing you might want to know. Since the scientific evidence is not definitive, there is not a consensus on what formulation is best (or if any formulation works at all). So the processes that manufacturers use to create the supplement may vary widely between manufacturers.

This means that if you buy some from Fred's Health Foods, you may not be getting the same thing that you would get if you bought it at the grocery store, which might be substantially different from what you would get at a pharmacy.

So if the Glucosamine + chondroitin that you buy at one place does not work for you, then you might want to try buying from a different place.

There are limits, however. If you try several different formulations and none of them seem to help you, then trust what your body is telling you and don't spend any more money on it.

@R_Collins. Thank you...

There may be other reasons for the pain. A very close friend (who is now in his late 50's) who is burley and strong as an ox had joint pains several years ago that were so bad he couldn't drive his truck. My late partner told him it might be gluten intolerance so he went off of gluten and in 2 weeks everything was normal. He thought she must be mistaken but 1 slice of bread brought all the pains back. Now is is a confirmed non-gluten person. I also have a gluten intolerance but it affects my stomach. Gluten issues are becoming the norm these days.

Hmmm... can you slowly get this problem?

@BucketlistBob It would be a cheap trial.

@HippieChick58. Well alrighty... i guess i should try...

I disagree. It hurts too much to see someone in pain. Hire some strappy young man that hasn't been injuried yet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64596
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.