Agnostic.com

2 5

LINK Billionaire NBA Owner Dismisses Uyghur Genocide | Pod Save the World Podcast - YouTube

The interview with SoS Tony is worthwhile. I think Human Rights can't be considered above religious zealotry or indoctrination. Sorry but where a "Savior" is present then human rights isn't. From what I gather the oppression of Uyghurs isn't death. They have lives in these debriefing camps but aren't being killed. That's a bit different from what "Concentration camps" were. I think China is right concerning banishing religion from their society as it's a divisionary cancer. We should be more understanding for their POV considering Evangelicals are an inch from installing their Theocracy here in America (at this point I'd have to say they are going to win for a time. How long a time is impossible to speculate on but Corporations will be govt and Christian Law will police it). If I'm correct, and it begins this Nov, then I'll repeat that I will likely not be surviving long in that world. I accept this as Zen but I do wish everyone to note that I was right to fight against it most of my adult life. One simply doesn't always win their battles but that's not to say we succumb to oppression.

rainmanjr 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What is happening to the Uyghur in China is is disgusting. The Chinese government do not care about anything but themselves. They are afraid of any organization whether religious or not.

What is happening in our so-called democracy, because of religion, is also disgusting. China's attitude has an end goal and ours doesn't so I'll take their disgusting.

@rainmanjr china doesn’t do it because of religion though. This is killing people.

@Jolanta Actually they do. I also gather that they are not killing people, only retraining them, but I'm not a scholar on the subject. I only know the complaints of persecution from religious people are way down on my empathy list.

@rainmanjr The Chinese do retraining; they also kill more Uyghur's by percentage than Mandarins, etc; their goal is more ethnic cleansing (like Tibet) than religion, but religion is a big part of the Uyghers. China has also been forcing Muslim Uyghurs to have non Muslim relatives live with them to make sure that they toe the line.
China has a 100 year plan and while the US doesn't have to agree with it, we need to recognize that it is coming and we can do little to stop it.1) they don't allow internal division be it religion or ethnicity or, hell even QiGing (outlawed a sect with 100 million followers). 2) getting their territorial disputes to favor them - this includes a piece of India (which would allow them to run a road and train line to Pakistan; land in some other Southeast Asian countries (fought 2 wars with Vietnam already); claiming most of the South China Sea; taking over Taiwan. 3) becoming a global power by using similar colonial actions in Africa and South America that Europe and the US used.
The world, UN recognizes India's land sovereignty, so that war is on them. The UN says the South China Sea is open to all, thus that is an area of dispute the US has a side to be on. The UN does not recognize Taiwan as an independent nation, and, legally, neither does the US. Thus Taiwan is the flash point most dangerous for the US as we tend to promise some protection, which, in a conventional war, we cannot win. The US has taken on the role of world policeman, and, quite frankly, we can't sustain that without great damage to our economy and people's health. We are the Great Britain of 1890; and we all know what happened there.

@Beowulfsfriend Retraining is not a concentration camp (ala Hitler) so it sounds like I'm basically right about that. One has to suffer for their Saviors so Uyghers are making a decision to doi that. My support of China's policy toward religion remains unchanged. As for their other activities it matters not what the world recognizes as the world is going to change very soon (much as it did in 1890) and will then recognize different things. Environment is going to make a very big change in power that can't be predicted and India is heavily affected (not positively). We will offer Taiwan as much protection as Tibet got. That's a foregone conclusion.

@rainmanjr Nothing but nothing is foregone.

Per Wikipedia: "Chinese government officials say that these camps, created under CCP general secretary Xi Jinping's administration, serve the goals of ensuring adherence to Chinese Communist Party (CCP) ideology, preventing separatism, fighting terrorism, and providing vocational training to Uyghurs."

It may be that being indoctrinated into Chinese communism is an improvement over Islam. I'll say it probably is better given how demented Islam is. I could be wrong.

I think so. Ideally speaking, democracy without religion would be better but, if a Communist attitude is what's needed to eliminate religion, then so be it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:646297
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.