Agnostic.com

23 2

LINK The Rapture is April 23, Says Man Whose 2017 Rapture Predictions Never Came True – Friendly Atheist

According to Meade, the alignment represents “the Lion of the tribe of Judah,” marking the Rapture, the belief that Christ will bring the faithful into paradise prior to a period of tribulation on earth that precedes the end of time.

No rapture prediction has ever come true, so you would think other “numerologists” would give up — or at least stop giving specific dates. Yet these stories always get traction because there are people out there who believe the day will come when Jesus takes them away. And it’s always happening soon, even if we don’t know the exact day, because the Bible says so. (The Bible also says no one knows when it’s supposed to happen, but that never stopped people from making predictions&hellip😉

zblaze 7 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

23 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well my asshole Christian neighbors across the road are still there so either the rapture didnt happen (yet once again) or they are not assholy enough Christians to get Raptured! Still waiting. (sarcasm Sheldon, sarcasm)

"Assholy" lol love it!

@Kat It was an epiphany

I still can't believe that none of them figured out it already happened and none of them qualified, mua-ha-ha.

Of course it happened! It's just that noone has ever figured out the right religion, so nobody went anywhere

These religious nuts never give up, do they. They have been making such predictions for many centuries. Looks like people would wise up eventually.

The rapture myth is actually a fairly recent invention. It was a cult type movement sometime after the American Civil War.

@BufftonBeotch The idea of "the rapture" comes directly from the book of Revelations in the bible. It has been around as long as the Bible has.

@wordywalt I was a little off but it was Cotton Mather in the 1830's. No one had interpreted Revelations in that manner until him.

Happy Rapture Day Everyone!

@Stevil Nick Cage must have been desperately broke when he agreed to star in that one.

@Stevil I love dystopian movies but the religious ones not so much.

@Stevil I don't have Netflix, internet in rural areas is very restricted and expensive but I will make note of it, maybe I can watch it at my friends in town.

Didn't Jesus say it would be before the next generation passes?

Yep. He was an apocalyptic prophet!

Verily I say unto you, There be some standing here, which shall not taste of death, till they see the Son of man coming in his kingdom.

Matthew 16:28

Maybe the 144 thousand did leave and were replaced with stepford christers.

Damn, they're all still here. I thought this would be THE ONE!

Emme Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

My dear, there is always another one.

I haven't looked outside yet today...Did it happen?!

Kat Level 5 Apr 24, 2018

Fuck. Missed it again.

Still got about 12 hours before tomorrow. Maybe, just maybe,....

Maybe he has listened to too much Blondie. LOL

Did I miss it? ?

Yeaph, we all are terribly disappointed that nothing happened..... Or not ??????

I guess we are still going back to work tomorrow

Maybe it will happen someday soon and we can get rid of all those Christian's once and for all...lol?

Actually, The Rapture did happen on April 23, but the Trump Administration immediately took Jesus into custody because he is an illegal alien.

What??????? I missed the RAPTURE again?? Holy Crap!!

This Meade guy must be a nut case who doesn't believe his own Bible. I would love to see the look on his face when the day after his goofy predictions his so-called rapture never happens. Perhaps it happened and his lying ass was left behind...nah that would make him right and wrong at the same time...Hee hee

Sadly, this guy probably has followers like most religious nut cases who really believe this stuff.

Oh shit! We"re all still here!!!

What time zone was that supposd to be? They running late?

Taking bets on his next prediction: October 10, 2018

godef Level 7 Apr 26, 2018

Ooopsy!

Oops
Missed another one

Well, damn. We missed the rapture again.

...And more stuff to laugh about...?

Emme Level 7 Apr 23, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64652
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.