Agnostic.com

1 4

LINK Black Mississippi senators protest bill to ban critical race theory : NPR

JACKSON, Miss. β€” Black lawmakers walked out in protest Friday and withheld their votes as the Mississippi Senate passed a bill that would ban schools from teaching critical race theory.

The state superintendent of education has said critical race theory is not being taught in Mississippi schools and legislators have offered no evidence to show it is.

Republicans said the theory teaches "victimhood," while Democrats said the ban could squelch discussion of Mississippi's racist history.

snytiger6 9 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Critical race theory needs to be banned and is banned in Oklahoma and quite a few other states. It’s not surprising that the black lawmakers would support critical race theory. Hell most of them also support BLM which is also very radical and racist.

I think the objections to critical race theory are rooted in a desire to whitewash history. It's all "don't teach or talk about slavery, Jim Crow laws or red lining." That is a part of our history, and if it isn't taught, people won't learn and history will just be repeated.

I suspect they also object to teaching about the Chines exclusion act or Japanese internment, and all the broken treaties with native Americans as well.

@snytiger6 The liberals are the ones who want to whitewash history. Tearing down civil war statues and erasing history is a big part of that.

@Trajan61 I don't believe anyone should have ever built monuments that lionize those who were traitors, rebelled and fought against the U.S. Such monuments are not patriotic, but rather helped to legitimize racism in the U.S.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:646693
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.