Agnostic.com

4 12

LINK The 3rd Leading Global Cause of Death Is Likely Not What You Think, New Study Reveals

Antibiotic resistance is often seen as a 'future problem', but newly published data have revealed it's affecting far, far more lives than you might imagine.

In fact, the new estimates show that in 2019, there were 4.95 million deaths associated with bacterial antimicrobial resistance, making it the third leading cause of death worldwide.

snytiger6 9 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not so long ago, a "minor" infection could & would lead to death.........

Live for today! If one thing doesn’t get you, another one will!

I have a hidden, sneaky bacterial infection. It's been going around and lingers a long time. So tomorrow I am seeing a naturopath to get an alternative treatment to get rid of it, no antibiotic. I'll let you know more about it. It should be interesting.

Doctors prescribe medications like there are no tomorrows a lot of the times, instead of looking into alternatives.

Antibiotic use is declining though not soon enough. When I was a child my older sister used to get strep throat annually. When she did, the family doctor would prescribe antibiotics for all of us, even if we weren't sick. At least they aren't doing that anymore.

@TwistedMister Well, if you look at it. Most pill and medicines come from plants to start of, so yes what you are saying makes sense.

@JonnaBononna a few years - well in the last ten I got a very pinful throat infection. After three days of burning pain I couldn't stand it any longer & started chewing on a lovely fresh garlic clove the size of half my thumb. As the juice burningly trickled down my throat I tried to swirl it around my inflamed larynx. Fifteen seconds later I had no pain, no sore throat!
I've sworn by it ever since but thankfully have not had to repeat the cure.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:647024
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.