Agnostic.com

10 8

Now this is a great story, boots on the other foot. I look forward to all the "No-one forced her" and "her choice" in the comments. Discrimination pure and simple and I don't support.
Consent is important. If you wish to be vaccinated, you should not be punished for that by losing your job. The reverse is equally true.
[msn.com]
PS a wellness clinic may call itself a religion is interesting. Good way to avoid tax.

puff 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The news papers repeatedly post that of the ones who are getting the corona viruses , those most likely to die are the unvaccinated . They are also the most likely to avoid wearing the masks , and repeatedly go into public areas , even if they know they have it . Some have been sneezing or spitting on others intentionally , to pass their sickness on . If a person who choses not to get vaccinated and their work puts them in contact with others , they should be required to be vaccinated , moved to an at home work situation or fired . A business looses business if their employees are intentionally trying to kill their customers.

A "church", receiving their tax exemption, with a "business end"? They said the quiet part of loud. All churches are businesses, but when you admit it, and then pull a switcheroo like this for God reasons, well it's like the old Lovin' Spoonful song, "Did you Ever Have to Make Up Your Mind? " You really can't be both. I hope she gets compensated for unlawful discrimination and they strip this bunch of grifters of any tax exempt status they have, then go after them for back taxes. That's what SHOULD happen.

Happy to take the money from the vaccinated. However they have now put out there that not one of the workers there is vaccinated so people know to stay away from them.
Wonder how that is going to affect their profits.

In most states in the USp neither services nor medicine of any kind is taxed. You are definitely right though that profits made from that part of the enterprise we're not taxed though.

My understanding of secular society is that it is basically a deal between religions and government. Religion stay out of politics ie secular national laws trump religious dogma/ laws. In exchange for this, religions don't pay tax to government.
That's the way it is meant to work anyway..

@puff in America it is no longer that way except in the non-evangelical churches. Separation of church and state is actually in our constitution but politicians are not brave enough to enforce the rule.

If I were the Deity which they believe in I would strike the Church of Ubuntu with a largish rock from space and burn everything within 42 miles of it. Everything. Since I'm not their Deity, or their government, I will abstain from judgments. My only take-away is that it will be fucking hilarious if every one of them gets sick and dies but she lives to be 100.

Aside from the law(s) which prohibit discrimination against certain classes, isn't it true that any business (especially religious ones) can fire anyone for ANY reason ?

I don't see how this fits your "my body, my choice" "drum beat".

I think she was shafted. This should get interesting if she pursues it.

Epic fail.
She was an independent contractor.
They never informed her that, a) she was a "member" of their church, and b) she wasn't permitted to receive the vaccine.

If her attorney is good enough, she should prevail for quite a hefty settlement.

The business had no right to fire her because she got the vaccine. She should ask the FFRF or ACLU if they will help her sue them.

Double points

Tejas Level 8 Jan 27, 2022
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:647594
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.