Agnostic.com

9 3

Atheists in Austin?

Any austinites in the house?

sevenfortyseven 4 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Represent !

Interesting. If you don't find a passel of atheists in Austin, something has gone very wrong. Austin is the Black Heart of Texas.

Black heart of Texas, hahaha. I prefer the Blue Soul of Texas. Yeah, yeah, atheists don't believe in souls. Except I do.

@vita -- it is no more rational for an atheist to believe in 'souls' than it is to believe in a deity.

I'm an annoying agnostic; rubbing both my theist and atheist friends the wrong way. Hahahaha.

I often think back to Austin being the ‘home of American Atheists’... Always puzzled me in my younger days ..Texas? Atheists..? Since, I’ve noticed most ..backward states have an enclave for progressives, and for Texas, Austin’s it 🙂 Glad to read the Atheist Community is still active, too ~

Varn Level 8 Apr 23, 2018

Def seems like a better place for that than San Antonio

They have a very active group in Austin. I sometimes go down for the day on Sundays. The Atheist Community of Austin meetup has a coffee and conversation in the am that usually lasts till 1 or so. Then the Atheist experience show taping. Then dinner afterwards. A fun day. !

I hope not. Thats doesn't sound healthy for me or anyone else. Lol.

I'm an Austinite.

vita Level 7 Apr 23, 2018

I lived there back in 2014...I am sure you will find some like-minded people.

The Atheist experience with matt dillahunty is based in Austin, can't imagine you'll have any trouble finding people.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64839
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.