Agnostic.com

2 5

As usual, the Republicans and Conservatives are majorly truth bending to scare their illiterate voters with half truths and distortions. I saw the video mentioned, it is a complete distortion of the facts in this link. This is what needs to get out there. Those other good pensions and investment income pay taxes on their Social Security to help support those who depend on it as their major source of income at retirement. It’s not Joe Biden trying to steal your retirement funds, unless you are a high earner who could live very comfortably without it. And even then, it is graduated.
[factcheck.org]taxes/

Barnie2years 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While the information in this article is useful, since it predates the election I doubt the conservatives or Republicans even remember it anymore.

It really is not easy to get the facts to the people who need to hear them the most.
Remember when trump announced he was going to cut the payroll taxes folks paid so they would get more money in their pay checks? I laughed so hard at that one. I laughed even harder when the folks who failed to understand discovered they still had to pay the taxes that had not been withheld. I think there was one person I was able to get to understand how badly trump fucked over everyone in America EXcept the very wealthy with his big tax cuts.
I've given up trying to explain stuff on the Social Security issues.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:648421
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.