Agnostic.com

3 6

LINK Extreme heat in oceans ‘passed point of no return’ in 2014 | Oceans | The Guardian

“Extreme climate change is here, it’s in the ocean, and the ocean underpins all life on Earth.”

JonnaBononna 7 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just another spin of the globe. If you follow the history of the Earth, massive change occurs on a regular basis. We maybe accelerating the warming, and we could always be hit by a major meteor or a massive volcanic explosion that would cover the Earth in ash cloud and create a new ice age instead of the warming. Or some idiot politician will decide it’s a good idea to launch a nuke. I doubt any of us will be alive to see how this century ends, so I don’t pay too much attention to the predictions, which often go out that far. Do you really think anyone in 1922 could have predicted mobile phones, microwaves, or modern medicine?

I don't even want to be alive now and I think that's a ridiculous response.

We're fucked. I don't mind thinking of humanity dying but I'm infuriated that we're taking this beautifully adapted ecosystem and millions of innocent life forms with us.

This.

We're not really an intelligent species.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:648664
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.