Agnostic.com

3 5

LINK China’s Peng Shuai Says She Never Accused Anyone Of Sexual Assault In Interview With French Newspaper

Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai said she never accused anyone of sexually assaulting her and announced her retirement from competition in an interview published by French newspaper L’Équipe on Monday, marking the second instance of her retracting an earlier account of sexual coercion by a former Chinese vice premier amid international concerns that the was being pressured to do so by Beijing.

(That they forced her to retire from competition means they are afraid to let her travel internationally to compete, as they fear she would never return to China and resume her accusations as an expatriot.)

snytiger6 9 Feb 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am trying to wrap my head around the last paragraph, as it seems contradictory....if you were the accused, would it not be better to have her far away from the jurisdiction?

Nope! Damage control in dictatorships is much easier when you have total control of media access and the victims are close by.

I meant she'd resume he accusations from outside China as an expatriot.

A likely story 😉

Maybe somebody got to her. Ya Think?

Well yeah. They got to her and her family members. Either she takes back her accusations or he family member's organs will be sold, like they sell the organs of political prisoners.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649371
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.