Agnostic.com

7 2

What is your favorite cake you bake?

I build a pretty good pineapple upside down cake.
My wife like to build a dump cake. Hers is easy.
Whats yours...lol.?

BucketlistBob 8 Dec 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don't bake cakes but my father says he married my mom because of her pineapple upside down cake.THey have been married 64 years so it must be the best

Thats my favorite... I'm really good at it now. I keep improving on it...yummmm.

@BucketlistBob I'd like a piece, please.

I like my mum's bread pudding if she can be arsed to make one

Bread pudding with cinnamon and raisins...yummy.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I got my younger sister to try a mud pie once.

@BucketlistBob I know you're excited about baking and I feel bad I can't tell you about a wonderful coconut cake my grandma (Pinky) used to make, but I can't.

It's ok brother. I can see it and taste it. Yummm.

It was the biggest everyday cake I had seen.

@BucketlistBob It takes a lot of work to do it like she did.

Pinky’s Fresh Coconut Cake
Cream: ? c margarine with 2 c sugar. Beat in 2 eggs
Sift together: 3½ c of flour, 2 Tbl baking powder, 1 tsp salt
Drain milk from 1 coconut. Add dairy milk as needed to have 2 c
Add dry ingredients to creamed mixer alternately with the liquid.
Stir in 1 tsp vanilla
Pour batter into two 8”x11” or three 8” run pans, greatest and floured.
Bake at 400* for 20-25 min

Frosting
Shell, skin, and grate one coconut
Whip ½ pt heavy cream until stiff. Gradually beat in 1 c sugar
Stir in: 1 tsp vanilla and 1½ c of greater coconut
Spread mixture between layers of cooled cake and over top and sides
Sprinkle top and sides generously with all the remaining grated coconut

2/3 c margarine.

Brother thats perfect. A lot of work and love. I bet it was awesome. I wish i could make some of my mom's creations. She took 1 pound of ground meat. A can of beans. A pot of rice. Made the best watered down chilly I've ever eaten. That fed 5 people when we were young. We were people with less money, not poor. And the cakes she made. They were yummy. If i ever get to go back in time, and it be secretly, I want another bowl of that chilly.

@BucketlistBob Yes, that cake is so moist a yummy, it's unbelievable. You can buy the ingredients already processed, but it tastes better from scratch. It doesn't matter how much money you have if you know how to cook! Your wife is lucky!

Aww heck brother... thank you. Your a great guy and friend.

I am not a cake person, much preferring pies and cookies. Thus, my favorite cake that I have baked happens to also be the the ONLY cake that I have baked: a pizza cake for my son's birthday. I will upload a pict of it to my profile.

Zster Level 8 Dec 3, 2017

Yummy!

Has anyone had a drop cake?

Yes, never made one though.

Easy and good. Take cranberry 1 can sauce and 1 can crushed pineapple and mix together. Put in medium pan. Pour box of lemon cake mix over top and speed out. Pour 1/2 cup ( 1 stick ) of melted butter over top of cake mix evenly. Bake for 45 minutes at 375 temp f. Yummm.

Wow, it sounds so easy. Wonder how I can screw it up?

I don't often bake, but my father bakes a tasty carrot cake (not one of those dry spice cakes, but a really moist cake).

With orange glaze icing... yummm!

My favorite is banana nut cake with German Chocolate icing. My sister likes my pineapple upside cake while my youngest son likes my red velvet cake. Daughter likes my strawberry cake.

As you can tell I love baking.

Yummm on all of them

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:6497
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.