Agnostic.com

52 9

Musicals!!!

What is your favorite musical?

LadyAlyxandrea 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It was always a treasure to see Sound of Music when I was young. And in being a musical human being I have enjoyed every musical I have ever seen, especially Elivis Films. I also enjoyed the voice and acting of Barbra Streisand, except my fair lady. The voice of Audry is playful. I must say I was very impressed with La La Land. The movement the acting the musicality, Ryan Gosling is not a vocalist by any means, but I think that is part of the magic. The Imperfection.

Etre Level 7 Apr 24, 2018

Just saw Hamilton on Sunday!! It was amazing! I love the soundtrack, I have tickets to see a local production of Hello Dolly on Thursday. I really enjoy musicals.

Shar Level 3 Apr 24, 2018

Little Shop of Horrors.

I like les miserable with what's her name and jack something or other.

Generally I dislike musicals but, 1776 is fantastic!

Mama mia

GwenC Level 7 Apr 23, 2018

Moulin rougue was the first musical that enjoyed so I considered my favorite. Now I enjoy a lot of them ???

Nefta Level 2 Apr 23, 2018

Spamalot!

So hard to choose. I'm lukewarm to traditional musicals. Instead, I rather like Reefer Madness, Sweeney Todd, and Spring Awakening. I also like Evil Dead, but that may be the result of seeing a really awesome production with a splatter zone; the music itself is mediocre.

Caberet.

Sweeney Todd, Rent

Grease

The Buffy episode

Wizard of oz.

The Wizard of Oz followed by Moulin Rouge

ebdb Level 7 Apr 23, 2018

Does "The Wall" count as a musical?

It's more of an opera then a musical.

@webbew1 Opera? I think not.

Jeff Wayne's War of the World's
Razia's Shadow
Cabaret
Phantom of the Paradise
West Side Story
Fiddler on the Roof

Pretty much anything where the music was composed by Lin Manuel Miranda or Stephen Schwartz.

Singin' In The Rain
On The Town
Sound Of Music
Starlight Express (On Stage)
Mary Poppins

and others lol

Pippin, but the original from the 1970's, not the revival. Other top favorites include Chicago, Hair, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Les Miserables, and A Chorus Line. I'm a huge musical theater fan.

The devil’s carnival

Assassins! This is a musical about all the president all assassins in US history. Neil Patrick Harris is the narrator in the recording. It's all just so amazing, so catchy, and so informative.

I'll have to check that out

@LadyAlyxandrea Please do! There's some language in it, but it's worth it!

I love acting in musicals. My favorite roles to play were Will Parker in "Oklahoma" and George in "Of Mice and Men". My all time favorite though is The original Jesus Christ Super Star with Ted Neeley... Not the John Legend one... He sucked.

One of my favorite shows and one I've had the pleasure of doing

"The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee"

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.