Agnostic.com

52 9

Musicals!!!

What is your favorite musical?

LadyAlyxandrea 8 Apr 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

52 comments (51 - 52)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I may be sounding a bit like a broken record by now because I've commented on musicals a few times. My 16YO daughter is big-time into musical theater. She has been doing some form of performing arts since she was around 5. She has been in a local youth community theater company for about the last 5.5 years. This company puts on 2 shows a year and she hasn't missed one since she started. Most recently, she performed in Addams Family (this company only does Broadway shows). A few she has been in include; Alice In Wonderland (her first with them, she landed a speaking role as the March Hare and, in my completely unbiased opinion, stole the show in the Tea Party scene with the Hatter and the Door Mouse), Cats, White Christmas, Music Man, Anything Goes, Little Mermaid (she landed another speaking role here as Sebastian, complete with Jamaican accent. She killed. LOL!), and Shrek was a big one. She's done about a dozen shows. As a volunteer parent, I have had an education in the back end of theater, "volunteering" as a set builder and, mostly, on the lighting team. All of this has given me a real appreciation of musical theater. I can't even watch my kid on-stage without welling up. She is with an exceptional company that produces truly magnificent shows. I say this very sincerely. I have grown to love the kids, many of whom stay, as my daughter has, for many years until they "graduate" from the program. If anyone in the greater Sacramento metro area is interested in checking out a show, it's River City Theatre Company. They operate from Hiram Johnson HS. I can guarantee you will be entertained. Of these shows I've listed, probably Shrek is my favorite from a quality production perspective, but I'll never forget certain moments watching my daughter, such as her tap-dancing in a huge tap number in Act 2 of White Christmas, or every moment on-stage as Sebastian. In Spring, 2019, they are doing Newsies and she hopes to land a lead in that show. Ok, I'm shutting up now. Thanks for reading.

Anything involving Wagner ist gut.

Just kidding. I mostly despise musicals, but one has to look at the old black and white musicals, and other things of that tier, and really marvel at the effort that went into them.

I bought my mother a blu-ray of a very recent musical called La La Land, and she drank up every moment of it. I personally thought the musical talent was spot-on, and thought it was fresh, original, and polished, but the movie was trying to play with my emotions, so I had to go do something else.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:64970
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.