Agnostic.com

5 12

LINK Bob Saget's cause of death released - CNN

I was surprised to learn this.
A reminder that maybe you should get even a head injury you think seems minor checked out.

BufftonBeotch 8 Feb 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Really so sad. By all accounts of people close to him, he was a kind and generous soul. He had recently had Covid and maybe he had lingering issues. I have had three head injuries over my lifetime and have a daily "migraine" to deal with as a result. Unfortunately doctors are still pretty baffled by chronic head pain.

Head injuries can look minor and be very serious. When I coached, I was the guy who always erred on the side of "what if." Any signs of a concussion, no matter how minor, have a seat. Ironically, I once took myself to the hospital for a concussion. Flipped a motorcycle and landed on my head - full helmet. I was there for more than a couple of hours getting x-rays for my neck (apparently that scared them more). At the end, they said I could go, and I asked about my concussion (I did have symptoms) and they sort of stuttered and then said exactly what I knew, stay out of the light, don't go to sleep for a few hours and return if I get sick to my stomach.

I tend to not put much stock in head injuries causing anything serious. Most of us have that reaction but we should all become aware of what happened to Natasha Richardson. She did not even take the skiing injury seriously but she died 2 days later.

When my oldest daughter was about 6, she was playing at the park with her brothers and friends and she fell from one of those poles that you are supposed to slide down- apparently she missed the pole and just fell the 10 feet or so to the ground. She came home with a little scrape on her forehead right at the hairline. It was bleeding as head wounds do and didn't look bad, but I took her to the emergency room at the Navy hospital anyway. Got there, told them what happened... and was told to have a seat in the waiting room. Waited.... and waited... and waited.... kept asking how much longer and reminding them she'd hit her head. Two or so hours later, she said she was thirsty so her dad got her a grape soda. She took a few drinks then vomited. They then put her in a wheelchair and took her for an x-ray, then brought her back down. Then the x-ray results come in- she had a fractured skull. THEN they come in, put her on a back board, put a neck brace on her so she can't move.... kinda late to be doing that don't ya think?!? That's what I expected at the beginning! Ended up being taken to a hospital in Chicago that had neurologists on call. She just spent a night for observation and couldn't be active for 8 weeks. I was so furious though!!!

Glad you checked and had the access to check.
Even if they did not catch it right away.

If it isn't a bullet hole, military hospitals are not known for their expediency. Glad it didn't get worse.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.