Agnostic.com

0 1

LINK Republican Texas House Candidate Complained About Transgender Students

A Texas House of Representatives candidate and former teacher was recorded at a forum complaining that she couldn't let "kids laugh at" transgender classmates.

Shelley Luther, a salon owner and former school Spanish teacher who is running to represent Texas House District 62 in northeast Texas, was recorded by the Houston Chronicle while speaking at a candidate forum on Saturday.

In the recording, Luther can be heard talking about the transgender community and her experience teaching transgender students.

"I am not comfortable with the transgenders," she said. "The kids that they brought in my classroom when they said that this kid is transgendering into a different sex, that I couldn't have kids laugh at them … like, other kids got in trouble for having transgender kids in my class."

snytiger6 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:649858